what's better RB75 or RC7

t-man

• Moderators

Many people have recommended the perfect setup being all three front speakers being identical. The RC-7 has totally different drivers than the RB-75's do so if you went with the RC-7, the front soundstage would not be timbre matched.

If it were me and I had to choose between option 1 and 2, I would go with option 2 and get three RB-75's.

Thatnks Youthman, but I changed the options so your reply likely won't make sense to new readers..... I have an option to buy 3 RB75s for about 1000 or a pair of RB75s and an RC7 for 1150. Seems like current market value, so no major good buy, just fair??

Many people have recommended the perfect setup being all three front speakers being identical. The RC-7 has totally different drivers than the RB-75's do so if you went with the RC-7, the front soundstage would not be timbre matched.

If it were me and I had to choose between option 1 and 2, I would go with option 2 and get three RB-75's.

t-man - For what it's worth, I've used the RC-7 between RF-7's and it was good. Now I use three RF-7's upfront and it is fuller/smoother (not that it was bad with the RC-7).

Youthman - I was under the impression the RC-7 was a match for the RB-75. Klipsch included the RC-7 as part of their "RB-75 Home Theater System" http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rb-75-home-theater-system-overview/

• Moderators

Youthman - I was under the impression the RC-7 was a match for the RB-75. Klipsch included the RC-7 as part of their "RB-75 Home Theater System"

Thx Forty. I was mistaken. I tried to look up the RB-75 system but could not find it on the new Klipsch website. With the previous website, you could simply go to the RB-75's and they would show "Related Products" and would have had the RC-7 listed there.

I did look under Home Theater Systems but forgot to click on the "Product Archive" link.

Thx for correcting me.

I do find it interesting that the drivers in the RC-7 and the drivers in the RB-75's are different yet they are supposed to be paired up with each other. Go figure.

I do find it interesting that the drivers in the RC-7 and the drivers in the RB-75's are different yet they are supposed to be paired up with each other. Go figure.

I'm curious about that too. Hopefully I can get my hands on some RB-75's and test them with the RC-7.