Problems w/reciever

Sinatra

I just bought a bran new Kenwood Sr505 to hook up to my klipsch KG 4.5. If I play a song with a lot of highs i start to hear a crackle that sorta sounds like static. I tried numerous things but it does not change. I think it might be because the speakers are old and the reciever is new, thats my best guess. Please help.

-Sinatra

"Food,water,sound....Pick two."

Dat na gut!

My GUESS (see, guess) is that, if you say this only happens when the sound is loud, is either a bad tweeter, or that there is somthing broken in the amp. Some sort of interference if possible. You said you have tried everything, thats what you need to do. Try and hook up another pair of speakers to the amp to test it.

I'm sure others may have better info, but just keep messing with it. I have had those sort of problems.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Remove the screws from the Tractrix horn and gently remove the tweet/horn. Unhook wire,making note of color/polarity,and GENTLY tighten the (3?) screws that hold the driver to the horn.Ear test.

Keith

If this only happens when you are playing loud, you may be clipping the amp. Where is the volume control set? Have the bass turned up? Amp clipping can sound just like your description and it WILL damage speakers. Even if the speakers are rated to handle more power than the receiver puts out.

Yo bob thats what happened at first. ON the lest side of the reciever there would be a little blinking light that would say clip. To fix it i lowered the imput. The little clip sign turned off but the static is still loud and clear.

-Sinatra