Availability

Hi!

I live in Belgium and I want to buy the Klipsch Promedia 4.1. So I contacted our importer and they told me to wait 5-6 months!!! I WANT THEM NOW DAMNIT smile.gif

I was wondering if you guys know of some good online companys who have them in stock, and ship overseas? I'll just buy me a convertor from 110V to 230V smile.gif

Thx,

ForMatPrO

My Dear friend I have had this problem for longer than you can imagine, and guess what I live in lebanon where the dealer doesnt know whats a promedia .

Anyway all online sites dont ship outside the U.S!!!!!!!!!

So I got me a forwarding address and guess what,when I finally got to buy them they are out to stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I forget to mention the cost of the forwarding address (100$) the cost of shipping to the address (84$) the tax in the U.S (24$) and then shipping to lebanon (8$sXeach kilogram =approx.105$)

Damn it I am still waiting to see if klipsch accepts my payment and ship to the forward address, most online site dont accept international cards.

Wait e-mail me privately can show some tricks I learned ,and help you more..

BoHAAAAAAHAA

Quick word on power converters...

If you know much about electronics, first off... Most converters cannot handle the amount of power the speakers require, so that is a limiting factor.

Second... Most converters are very poor quality, made to run things like hair dryers, you would have massive static and distortion on your speakers.

I guess there is a chance that there are some out there that wont do this, so I could be wrong, but this is what seems to be with most of them

Well if you look at most electronics ,HIFi you will notice on the power switch the conversion of 220 to 110, but klipsch (Since they dont ship outside the U.S dont need such a converter, on the other hand the 220V model is the same model with a convertor period.

The quality is not determined by the power supply, remember you are using the same exact frequency 50-60Hz but a transformer(magnet with coils around merly steps down the voltage thats it , no quality difference!

Well, if you didn't care about the costs you wouldn't be mentioning the prices of shipping the Klipsch to your home country. That's the reason seb said maybe you should consider crossfires since you were complaining about prices. Do you have any friends that live in America? Can't you just have them buy it for you and send them to lebanon? Hope you get them soon!

To tell the truth, for all those added expenses you're adding to order the Pro's from the states, you might as well take roughly that same amount of money, and buy a home theatre for your computer (I'm talking a good reciever, 5 speakers, and a sub). The prices you listed would make the Pro's over 600 USD, and for about 650 USD, you could piece together a system that would, in every way blow the Pro's away (of course, you have to pay more, but since you're paying more anyways, you might as well go this route).

Hiya!

Thanks for all your replies!!!!! I really appreciate it!

Now I'm pretty confused smile.gif I'm hesitating what I should do frown.gif

Maybe i'll take the easy way out and buy some other speakers...

I study IT and economics in university, and they always tought me that a company needs a good distribution and NEEDS to supply enauf for the demand there is, otherwise people will go to some other brand.

Well, I don't quite get it why Klipsch can't supply us with enauf 4.1's damnit smile.gif Also, I think they should take orders from outside the US, if people are willing to pay for it.

And how about having more than 1 importer in every country? Those importers ask 310$ for 2.1 speakers wink.gif

Oh I thought you'd never ask smile.gif Heh, the system I refer to in my price estimate is the system I'm building right now.

I'm not gonna bother listing links, just goto these sites, and look up these components for the best price. www.pricegrabber.com www.pricescan.com

For a reciever, Yamaha HTR 5250. 500 W total, and quality wise, EXCELLENT

For the sub, I got the Sony SAWM40. a 12" sub that beats the holy hell outta the Pro sub, but I will admit, it's a tad bit slow for music. If you want a better sub, look at the JBL PB10

For the 4 corner speakers, Acoustic Research 206HO's. Normal price/pair is 250 USD, but these speakers are discontinued, so they're only 75/pair. They have a 6" mid, and a .75" tweeter, and are of VERY high quality. They can be found on egghead.com

For the centre channel, the Acoustic Research CS25HO. It has a dual 5 1/4" driver set with a 1" tweeter. It too is discontinued, and is only 79 dollars at egghead.com

Of course, to purchase all these items from the sites I've provided, and to ship to your country would cost a LOT, so what I'm suggesting is you go to a speaker store, and start looking around at what they have, and demoing them.

Hey ForMatPrO1 dont despair, if your dealer sell 2.1 for 310$ mine never heard of promdeias. Klipsch says that it doesnt ship outside the U.S or allow any online site to ship outside the U.S to protect its dealers, but does klipsch protect its dealer by harming itself by not selling promedias since their dealers dont sell them anyway.

I think there shoould be a clear message or (petition )to klipsch about that, and if they dont care their loss after all you are paying !)

If you find something better than promedia tell me and if not , wont you try the forwarding address like me???

thx fawwaz and VIV!

I'll just wait for Amy to reply to my mail before I decide anything (I asked her if she knew when they plan to ship to the importer in Belgium).

Fawwaz: I don't think i'm gonna get that forwarding adress since I think its costing a bit too much and more importantly, I think its a lot of hassle to get everything right.

BTW: I saw someone on the board who said that soundcity DOES ship overseas but they asked like 170$ or something (don't remember where I read it). And then you have the cost of a decent convertor...(if you find any at all that is rated for 500W+, most convertors are for shaving equipment and stuff smile.gif).

I think that for that amount of money, I could better built a system like VIV told me...

AMY PLEASE GIMME SOME GOOD NEWS LOL wink.gif

Thx again and cya!!

ForMatPrO

Hi!

I just got this idea, what if I would buy 2 2.1 systems? smile.gif (and hopefully get a reduction wink.gif)

Would I be able to make a correct 4.2 system like this?: 4.2 scematics

Would there be any quality differences between a Promedia 4.1 and 2 promedia 2.1 systems???

and would it be exactly thesame as the 4.2 system they sell in the Klipsch store?

Thx,

ForMatPrO