RF-83's and RC-64 in the house.

Budman

Great speakers aside...I really like your black doors!!

I painted my lower level "Man Cave" doors black by hand......Hah...what fun!! The door to my furnace room is what you would call shutttered...so to speak. The backside looks quite interesting now from the back.......LOL It's all good...cuz can only see the backside from inside the furnace room[;)]

first let me just say that the theater seating is brown, the front wall including the doors are all brown, the paint is called ( sweet molassas ). the side walls are classic silver and the front wall is burgandy. the trim is white, the pool table cloth is burgandy

i have another thread about sound panels i started because the room is so loud. super bowl weekend was the first time my family got to see it finished. the first break of the pool game was ear piercing. i'm looking into getting 2'x2'x 2" wall mount sound panels for the back part of the room not shown in the pictures. the room is 20x27. the theater room is 20 wide and 12 deep and the pool table room is 20 wide and 15 deep.

removing the carpet after 20 years and replacing it with hardwood laminate looks good but sound wise is a disaster. no windows in the whole room.

the 83's look small in the pictures but let me tell you they are close to the height of the k-horns they are replacing.

my thoughts are not going to come for awhile because i am remodeling 2 more bathrooms before lawn season starts, ( one man and a mower ) and my son wants a new deck on his new home in the spring before he gets married in june. 2 hour round trip. i'm swamped

all i can say is my first listen to the corns in the room and then the 83's i didn't really notice a big difference in sound between the 2.

• Moderators

removing the carpet after 20 years and replacing it with hardwood laminate looks good but sound wise is a disaster. no windows in the whole room.

I feel your pain. My living room, dining room, office and kitchen are all very open, with hardwood in the office, living room and dining room and tile in the kitchen and foyer. When we have 15 or more people over, it's horrible. LOL. Sound bounces all around.

all i can say is my first listen to the corns in the room and then the 83's i didn't really notice a big difference in sound between the 2.

That's cool. We look forward to your more in depth review once things slow down some for you. Hope you are able to enjoy them in the meantime.

I had a very similar ref HT setup as you in my room- Rf 83 loaners- rf 64 center- RB 61 sides- RB 81 rears. Big out board amps running everything separate. Came time to give the 83s back or buy them. I bought my first Cornwalls the same weekend. I ended up returning thr 83s and selling all of my reference stuff to go Heritage- exact opposite of your deal. I am very interested in your comments- I tried to keep a ref HT and run a Heritage 2 ch. Would not work for my room.

Your room looks great.