Just bought rf-82 and rc-52

BluBitRates

Well the rc-62 still does not have 8'' woofers like the rf-82s right? So it still would not be timbre matched.

Exactly the same size woofers doesn't mean they're not timbre matched. In the current Reference lineup the biggest woofer used is 6.5", even in the RC-64.

Okay well it is on ebay now. I am not really going to be able to upgrade my receiver for a while now since i am guessing it is going to cost me around $180 to upgrade to the rc-62 from the 52 *sigh. Anyone comments on how older receivers like the one i am using compare to say a onkyo tx-sr607

• Moderators

Exactly the same size woofers doesn't mean they're not timbre matched. In the current Reference lineup the biggest woofer used is 6.5", even in the RC-64.

Wuzzer is correct. Even if you look back at the RF-7's, they have a 10" woofer and the matching RC-7 center has 8" drivers. Timbre matching has more to do with the driver and crossover, not size.

• Moderators

i am guessing it is going to cost me around $180 to upgrade to the rc-62 from the 52 *sigh.

FWIW, I had a chance to hear the RF-82's with the RC-52 (not sure why BestBuy had this combo paired) and the RC-52 really could not keep up with the RF-82's. The RC-62 was designed for the RF-82's and that is your best option. The RC-64 is in another league but it costs quite a bit more too.

Well i got a guy shipping me out a used rc-62 in mint shape. I sold my rc-52 :). Lol get this, the rc-62 cost more than my two mint rf-82s. Hmm if only i could have been satisfied without a nice center. I will post pics in show your home theater thread once i get it. A 64 would have fit my tv stand so nice if only i could have found one for $450...