pre amp capable for emotiva ?

Montigue231

The receiver has 7.1 analog out so it should work well. I would see how it sounds with the internal amps. You may not need the Emotiva.

Frank

Im pushing RF-7's I think I really need more head room..Also this receiver dosent break the 30lb mark..It would make a good pre amp with the sound modes ( True HD and so on )

thanks guys !

• Moderators

I personally have never owned an emo amp but my guess is that it will definitely be an improvement over the Denon powering the RF-7's. Most RF-7 owners say that adding an external amp really helped their RF-7's open up and perform to their potential.

peshewah : I did'nt know the 1803 had pre outs on it. Threw my researching I noticed none of the low end Denon amps have pre outs. You have to get into the mid range receivers. Although Pioneer entry level receivers have pre outs. For me, what ever amp I decide to use for a sound processor is going to have to have the new formats (Dolby true HD).

Smokarz. I'm still not sure yet what the best solution is for me. There is a 2808 near me on ebay, the seller has it at 350 . So far no bids..Looks mint too. Im still not sure about the emotiva either. Im just throwing ideas around in my head right now. If I go with an AV receiver for pre amp and emotiva for amp im looking at almost 1k. I might go for a two channel Denon intergrated amp A class A/B switched. I had one of those b4 and it was awesome. I might use the Denon integrated to run the mains (RF-7's) and the AV receiver to pick up the rest of the system.