Yamaha RX-V863 ??

smokarz

Ayone running an Rx-v863 with horns? I just realized that this receiver is now selling for under $500 NEW at most places. I've heard good revveiws on the old v663, but this has got to be better right? I think it should probably have better DAC & SQ than the current v765 also? Probably comparable to the Rx-v1065?

Any inputs are much appreciated. Thanks!

I certainly do like my 663. I seem to recall one difference in the 883 were more HDMI connections.

I also have the 663. I think the 863 adds one extra HDMI input, HD radio, a little more power and upscaling. From what I read the upscaling sucks in it so don't buy it for that purpose. I think as far as SQ the 663 and the 863 are the same.

Check out this on Yamaha's site and it will help you decide which is right for you:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/compare/list.html?CTID=5000200&CNTYP=PRODUCT

I'm also happy with my 663.I've read the 765 is the closest new one to the 663, not the 665 like one would assume.

I'm tempted to buy a UMC-1 when my name comes up on the preorder list so I might be thinking about selling my 663. Like new, original box, etc but for what I see them selling on ebay for I may as well keep it for the second HT system I don't need but keep buying speakers for!

Montigue231 could you post your avatar as a picture, I'm curious what the cartoon is and its too small to read!

Slow day at work and too much time to think!!

the Avatar pic says: " I thought you said you dont mind the employees listening to music at work?' LOL

looking at the yamaha website u pasted carbon..i can only think ..why does yamaha have so many receivers to choose from..it makes it so hard to choose with a million choices fcs... If i was to pick one from that list ...I would go with the RX-V1900... I like the flip down face plate

it looks descent smokarz. Its hard to find a good powerful receiver under 500 bucks now with the new formats. If you find a good one let me know man

here are two trustworthy places you can get a new unit for under $500.

http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=YAMRXV863BL

http://www.electronics-expo.com/make-a-store/item/YAMRXV863BL%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20/Yamaha/RX-V863BL/1.html

I'll be on the look-out, smokarz!

The best (and, admittedly hardest!) thing to do is to be patient. Maybe hang out for a little bit and see if you can snag Carbon's when (if) he moves to seperates. Until then post a WTB in the Garage Sale section, people on this site are awesome about trying to find stuff that people want.

Good luck!!

Don't know if you are opposed to the "used" or "ebay" route, but this one looks really nice. Plus, it comes with the ipod dock ($50+)... You might be able to get in and steal it for sub-$300. That would be a heckuva deal. Seller has 100% feedback, no affil. just lookin out for a fellow forum member!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-RX-V663-7-2-channel-665-Watt-Receiver_W0QQitemZ260551670250QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item3caa16f9ea

I certainly do like my 663. I seem to recall one difference in the 883 were more HDMI connections.

I also have the 663. I think the 863 adds one extra HDMI input, HD radio, a little more power and upscaling. From what I read the upscaling sucks in it so don't buy it for that purpose. I think as far as SQ the 663 and the 863 are the same.

Check out this on Yamaha's site and it will help you decide which is right for you:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/compare/list.html?CTID=5000200&CNTYP=PRODUCT

I'm also happy with my 663.I've read the 765 is the closest new one to the 663, not the 665 like one would assume.

I'm tempted to buy a UMC-1 when my name comes up on the preorder list so I might be thinking about selling my 663. Like new, original box, etc but for what I see them selling on ebay for I may as well keep it for the second HT system I don't need but keep buying speakers for!

Funny I mention it earlier and guess what I found in my email when I checked just now:

Hello,

Please be advised we have an estimated shipping date for your UMC-1 of:

March 19th, 2010

We will contact you 10-14 days prior to this date to complete your purchase.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Emotiva Management

Decision time!!!!!!!!