New Guy needs Klipsch Guidance

thewizardofaz

Hi folks. I'm Rick. I purchased a set of used KG3 speakers in January, but unfortunately, the post office has only delivered one of them so far. They're supposed to be spkr set 2 on my Harmon Kardon receiver. I just bought a used set of Heresy speakers yesterday for slightly over$300.00. They're in very good shape. I've tried decrypting the serial the seller posted, 159Y381, but no success. It's worse than trying to figure out Gibson guitar serial numbers. Can anyone help me with this, other than sending me to the link where it explains what is what. I've been there and I must be dense, but I don't get it.

Secondly, the seller doesn't have the original manual for use and setup. Does anyone have a source link for these? I'd like to read up on that before they arrive and I set them up.

Thanks very much. I hope to be able to contribute here as I learn.

Rick

If there is letter in the SN for the Heresies, he didn't write them down correctly. There should only be two digits before the letter and four after (# # letter # # # #). Still, the 'Y' does mean 1983.

And welcome to the forum

Bruce

Hi folks. I'm Rick. I purchased a set of used KG3 speakers in January, but unfortunately, the post office has only delivered one of them so far. They're supposed to be spkr set 2 on my Harmon Kardon receiver. I just bought a used set of Heresy speakers yesterday for slightly over$300.00. They're in very good shape. I've tried decrypting the serial the seller posted, 159Y381, but no success. It's worse than trying to figure out Gibson guitar serial numbers. Can anyone help me with this, other than sending me to the link where it explains what is what. I've been there and I must be dense, but I don't get it.

Secondly, the seller doesn't have the original manual for use and setup. Does anyone have a source link for these? I'd like to read up on that before they arrive and I set them up.

Thanks very much. I hope to be able to contribute here as I learn. There is a member over in your area named Skyislander he can help you with info.

Rick

The seller wrote back to me the following: "159y381 is on the back of one (159y382 on the other) on a sticker w/ HOO as the model #. These #s match the #s pressed into the wood just above the label" Does this help?

Also, I've noted from some photos on other heresy speakers on ebay, that there are two sets of spkr connectors on the back of the cabinet. What is the difference between the two? Thanks folks.