Home Theater Setup

mbr311

Just looking for some feedback here. I have an oddly shaped room it is a 35x15 rectangle of a family room. As a result I have to put my entertaiment system in the corner of the room. I have the following:

1. Yamaha RX-V520 Receiver (had it for 12 years, next to upgrade to an HDMI capable receiver)

2. Klipsch Reference RB-35 - mains

3. Klipsch Reference RC-35 -center

4. Klipsch RW-10d subwoofer

I do not have surround sound speakers due to the configuration of the room it just wouldn't work and aren't really necessary its intimate enough. Just wondering if I am headind down the right path because I have generally found these for great deals with is mainly why I went with Klipsch but so far have been very happy with their reference series line. Of course I would love some RF-52s but those aren't in the budget and I feel the bookshelfs are more than adequate in this size of a room. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks,

Not quite sure of the feedback you're looking for. Normally feedback is requested BEFORE you buy something. Your budget will not allow an upgrade so you're limited to placement tweeking if you're looking for a different sound. Surrounds are nice for HT listening if you could one day swing them. You're missing out on a lot of data that's on the discs.

if you do your research, buy something that will give measureable improvement to your wife's ears, and buy her things she wants ...you can get away with anything in that room. you just need to be able to back it up with data, make sure she can hear the value once it's installed, and distract her with shiny things the rest of the time. :)