K-55 squawker swap?

JohnA

I might be willing, but before when I got you a horn you said that you didn't want a "V" with a clip on conection.

If you want to swap, I'll have to think about it. Because I also have a pair of the tweeters and AA networks packed away. Now I wouldn't have a matched set any more.

Q

------------------

Q-Man

John,

Maybe I should have asked you the above question. If your LaScalas have the K-55M , then they also have the newer K-77 tweeters with the square magnet.

Would you be willing to swap the tweeters too? My alnicos are perfect. I replaced the diaphrams before putting them away.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

Hi John,

Couple of questions for you.Are you using ALK's networks? If you are,do your M's sound brassy. I have a pair of '75 K-horns. I am using the alk's. this weekend I replaced my 16 guage wire with 12 guage monster cables(don't want to open that can of worms). Did seem to get better response in the high end, but the mids didn't seem to change much. So I replaced the V's with a spare set of M's(using the 3-x setting on the network).did a little auditioning and found the M's to be much to bright for my taste. So i changed them back. I'm curious why you want to change out your M's. Is your situation similar?

I think I'll put my stock networks back in and try this again just to see what happens.

OH, I do have another set of spare V's that came out of a pair of LaScalas. the serial #'s are not even close and they look alittle beat up(scratches and chipped paint) but sonically they sound great. If your interested.

Big"D"

BigD,

I am using ALK networks with the K-55-Ms. I find them a little too forward at 3-X (wonder what Brennan would think). If I use more attenuation, the tweeter sticks out like a sore thumb.

What would you want for your K-55-Vs? Do they have spring clip terminals?

I hope Klipsch went with the resurected Atlas driver in the latest return to production.

John

John,

I understand that from your last post. You and I can swap your M's for my V's. I take it your M's are in good condition?

Let me see if Wes wants the tweeters for $150.00. I think it's a fair price for them. I know I could get more if I put them on ebay.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

John,

I emailed you my address for shipping. Please do the same so I can ship you the "V"s.

Wes, I'll also email you later tonight.

Now I have to dig around in my Klipsch parts closet when I get home tonight.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

Wes,

I'm still waiting to to get a yes or no answer from John. I'll email you again as soon as I hear.

I did dig thru the closet tonight and pulled out his V drivers and your tweeters. Of course they had to be behind every thing elce. I was getting nervous, beginning to think that I didn't have them anymore. I would have given up, but they were still on my inventory list that hangs on the back of the door.

Anybody want a pair of stock AA networks?

Q.

------------------

Q-Man