Professor Thump

winchester21

Actually, I forgot. I can share now. While the P-39F (flagship Palladium model) has been the only one in that line to be assembled in Hope, during the past few months, the transistion has been made to move the rest of the line to Hope as well. Ta-da! We continue to look for other opportunities to utilize the Hope plant, and will let you guys know as decisions are made.

Good sign for things to come!

Thanks to seti and Coytee for bringing this back to life..... More products being assembled in Hope, and especially built in Hope, is a good thing.

And what was that new speaker introduced at the 2nd Annual Klipsch Hope Music Festival? The KP-396 or something like that. P for portable and whether I've got the model correct or not it was stated that it can be flown. Flown can be for permanent installations (KI) or portable as speakers used for PA or live sound. Woo Hoo!

I was able to stop by Klipsch HQ and Trey, who was volunteered as tour guide by Amy, gave me a nice tour or the nice display area and let me demo the new Image One. I want some. I think the case needs a bit of a redesign so the cables don't have to be bent quite as much to fit but a very nice case and AWESOME on the ear 'phones. P Thump and cohorts hit it out of the park again on the first try. I also tried the Image S3 and while not up to the Image One or anywhere close to our Custom 2 or Image X10 they're a lot closer than they should be given the very modest price. There's a hope for sound quality yet.

Amy - please let me know if the Image One does get an upgrade or packaging redesign - might find some killer deals from authorized sellers. [:D]

There was for the Image X5 when the packaging, and maybe cable strain reliefs, was redesigned. I about cried as they sound much better to me than the Custom 2 and Image X10, closer to the Custom 3 and my checkbook balance said not this month Buckwheat.

Yes, crazy. The Custom 2 and Image X10 both sound incredible, but the Image X5 to my ears, sound much better at $100 less MSRP than the Image X10. The only downside to the Image X5 is that they are too big around (as tiny as they are) to fit in our youngest daughter's ear canals. That only applies to well, at least 2 people that I know of, and probably a few more but a very small subset of the population.

Back to Trey. This was just a few weeks (I forget when exactly, late May?) before the Pligrimage / Hope Klipsch Music Festival organized by Trey and he took time out to give me a tour of the display area. Well actually let me demo the new 'phones and wonder around trying not to drool on all the really cool Klispch, and even some of the Jamo and Mission/ I did pretty good at controllling the drool around the Energy products but it is very good stuff, just not as good as Klipsch to me). And those cherry RF-7's. Ok maybe there was only 1, but Amy and others are right, the pictures don't do them justice. And the RF-7 just dwarfed the PF-39 it was next to. At least Trey told me it was the PF-39 and who am I to argue? Now in all fairness Trey was madly texting away on his personal communications device most of the time but also took the time to chat a few minutes and invited me back any time. The man is like the Energizer Bunny he just keeps going and going and going... and is like all the Klipsch employees I've met or at least seen at the Pilgrimages very passionate about their work.

Didn't get to see Amy. I figured she wasn't in the office or that maybe there was still a chalk outline or two on the floor under the balcony if anybody jumped over with the sale to Audiovox. Or was that just a dream? I mean things only seem to have gotten better recently. And in all fairness I did forget to ask him to take me by her desk to say hi. Guess I'll have to stop in again soon or at least the next time Alea or myself has a doctor appointment in Indianapolis.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and is like all the Klipsch employees I've met or at least seen at the Pilgrimages very passionate about their work.

And also very friendly. As were Steve, yesterday, and Ryan today in the parts / customer service number.. (1-800-KLIPSCH) or something like that, follow the prompts.

Ordered a replacement bass driver for my CA-5T I knocked off the top of it's box on top of my workbench onto a concrete floor a few months ago. (See Oh Crap Moment Of The Day for the sordid details). That's the good news. The bad news back-ordered until mid August but I'm 3rd in line of 25 on order.

Yesterday I thought I'd better wait, but called today and spoke to Ryan to order replacement amplifier for ProMedia 2.1I bought from some less than honest horses behind on eBay who sold it after blowing both satellite's bass drivers. (I think that's detailed somewhere, maybe in computer speakers). Idiot me I replace those to find out the amplifier has an issue (HUM) and toasted one of the new ones. Yep same smell when I opened the box. That was months ago, Steve said now a new replacement amp is $78 plus shipping, I think when I blew the new bass/mid $60 or $70 to ship in to be repaired. Was going to wait but decided today why, it's time to get these things up and running. New amplifier and bass/mid drivers on the way. The bass/mid driver I think are $7 each.

So my CA-5T are still a bargain and should be singing out by the steel and vinyl pond at least the last couple of weeks of August and September and maybe earlly October before back to the garage for the winter.

And my ProMedia 2.1 while more than new in total, will soon be fully repaired for a bit less than what I could've gotten them on sale for. And the eamils back and forth with the twit I bought them fun were kind of fun to read everything he called me and just burying himself deeper and deeper in his lies.

And I've found that the Klkpsch customer support people, every one that I've spoken too, are very nice, friendly, and more helpful at times than they should be so when people complain, my first and probably most accurate thought, is that the compaints may not be warranted.

Thanks for the great service Steve and Ryan, and whoever I spoke to before. I'm sure it wasn't Steve but it could have been Ryan. Have to check my journal at work in case entered notes there. Just on the back of envelopes at home on vacation this week.

It looks like Ray (I spelled Rae? but I think that's more for girls, as in Elyse Rae) from October 2008, it takes me the longest time to do the simplest things soemtimes. Very terse notes. The PM 2.1 bass drivers were $6.00 then. May be now but I think $6.xx now. So if they've went up in over 2 years, less than $1.00.

Other experiences, including email with the promedia email address for iGroove SXT questions - no problems, just never did get adaptor for one of the iPods - very small so realized didn't need it. [:)]

There's hope yet. Even our teenage (ok, now 21 and 16) girls realize that Custom 2 and Image x10 sound MUCH better than standard iPod ear torture buds. And that the iGroove SXT sounds much better than most any boombox or iPod or computer speakers they've heard. [8][8][8][H][8][8][8] Alea even attended Pilgrimage 2009 or was it 2008 with me and now thinks she has to have some Cornwalls though I'm not sure she had heard Cornwalls until CP1 was nice enough to demo a pair of his. I also want Cornwalls. She'll probably get some before I do.

Did the blind comparison between what later was identified to be P37-F and B&W 802d (d?). On the way home she ranted about how could anyone spend $15 or $20 on speakers (not knowing what we had compared, just in general but I think some P39-F's were demod). I wish I'd had a copy of her comments as she was busy scribbling notes. LOL. Then I told her it's like a Ferrari or Lamborghini as basic transportation aren't any better, if as good for basic transportation as even a Corvette or a Saturn. Then she got it.... as she wants a Lamborghini (don't we all) but in those days she was thinking lawyer and politician, even POTUS. Though she still loves politics, she's thinking a political analysts, as most politicians shenanigans turn her stomach. As do a lot of the lawyers that become politicians. And why become POTUS for so little $ when you can be an political analyst, or ranter, and make so much more. And being the outspoken young lady she is (we must be doing something right) she pointed out to her Glenn Beck loving home school current events class instructor that in one case Glenn had contracted the Congressional Record and which one are you going to believe. And that Glenn had no more, if even as much, of a college education as her older sister who had dropped out, deciding it's too durned expensive without a bit more direction (it is ob$cene compared to when I was in school over 25 years ago.

Dang it. Still in dain brump mode.....