New to Klipsh need a little help.

shawn22

Hi I have yamaha HTR6290B avr i am looking to run that with Klipsch 4x RF-82 1x RC-52. since i can not find the RC-64 or RF-62

so will the RC-52 be able to keep up with the FR-82s
but I am not to sure if my avr can handle this setup, here are my avr specs

if my avr can not run these babyies correctly what avr would you suggest
thanks

Yamaha HTR6290B

Audio Section
Min. RMS Output Power Front Channels 130 W + 130 W
8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.04% THD Centre Channel 130 W
Surround Channels 130 W + 130 W
Rear Surround Channels 130 W + 130 W
Input Sensitivity/Impedance (1 kHz, 100 W/8 ohms)
Phono MM / CD 3.5 mV/47 k-ohms / 200 mV/47 k-ohms
Output Level/Impedance
Rec Out 200 mV/900 ohms
Pre Out (F/C/S/SB) 1 V/1.2 k-ohms
Subwoofer (20 Hz) 1 V/1.2 k-ohms
Zone 2/3 Out 1 V/1.4 k-ohms
Dynamic Power/Ch (Front Ch) 8/6/4/2 ohms 160/195/255/335 W
Frequency Response 10 Hz–100 kHz +0/-3 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (CD, Front Sp Out) 0.04% (50 W/8 ohms)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD) 100 dB (250 mV)

Shawn22,

Welcome to the forum. I would strongly suggest you wait for an RC-62 or even an RC-64 to pop up somewhere. The RC-52, though a nice center channel, just will not keep up with the RF-82's. Lurk as often as possible on the Garage Sale section of this forum, Craigslist, Audiogon, Ebay, and one of those will come along.

As far as receivers go, if your HTR6290B can not handle the duties but you still want to stick with Yamaha, try one of the RX-V models like the 1800/1900 or 3800. Tons of features and very strong amp sections. Youthman on this forum really is pleased with his 1800.

Bill

Thanks alot i will look for the rc-62 or 64

Buy the best center you can afford. Being able to hear & understand dialogue is that important.

I suspect your Yammy will be fine. Could it be better, sure, there's always better out there. You might want to do some research here on "separates". Just do a search.

Welcome to the forum.

Shawn,

Put your general location in your signature so we can help locate a good center channel for you. I, like many on this forum, hawk craigslist all the time looking for good deals for myself and other forum members. Help us to serve you better.

Bill

dude, i am new to klipsch too man. I just found a sick deal on cl on a pair of new still in box rf82'sfor$650 and i shopped around and found an rc-62 for$300, then i went to the place and wound up geting a non-used display model rc-64 for $515! the deals are out there man. Your best bet is to find the cheapest internet deal near you, call local places and ask them to match it, then call their competitors and ask if they can beat it.

thats what i have done, and its worked. about to pick up a pair of rs-52's for 400 from the same guy. good luck dude!

The HTR-6290B is actually the "big box" version of the RX-V1900. Same specs, just a different model number for different marketing channels. It has more than enough juice to power your speakers, and then some.

I actually just bought one myself (got an awesome deal) to power my new RF-62s and RC-62. [:)]