KG 5.5 Crossovers

slovell

I installed them today and all I can say is "HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything sounds so much better. Bass is smoother, fuller, tighter. Mids are much fuller. Highs are way more distinct and rich. If you've got a set of 5.5's buy these crossovers TODAY !!! Its like having a new much better pair of speakers. Easy installation, excellent build quality. Money well spent.

Sam [H]

• 10 months later...

The factory crossovers don't even come close to Crites' replacements, they resemble little tinker toys compared to his units. As for rebuilding the originals you should go to his website. IMHO i would'nt bother with the stock units, spring for the extra cash and replace them. The Crites units are more than worth the extra outlay, they really make a big audible improvement on the 5.5. Also, Crites titanium diaphragms for the horns are a big improvement over the stock mylar, they are smoother with a lot more sparkle. And cheap to boot.
Regards, Sam [H]

I'm running mine with an Adcom GFA-5500 and an Outlaw preamp with good results. I bought my 5.5's new in the early nineties and can't seem to get away from them. I tried some Jamo's a while back and ended up selling them and going back to the 5.5's. There's just something about Klipsch's sound that's addictive. Crites' crossovers really are worth the price, they smooth the sound, bring out more detail, and tighten up the bass response. IMHO I think you'll like the change they produce. The things are really well built, its a shame you have to put them inside the cabinet where you can't admire them.
Regards, Sam [H]

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just received my new crossovers & tweeters for my 5.5's from Bob yesterday. They look excellent! I am going to install the crossovers first today then the titanium tweeters. I will post back with my results later. Think my 5.5' sound great now other than being a little harsh in the highs, I'm hoping these components make a difference.

Rick

If either of you have Heritage and the KG 5.5s, please compare and contrast what you are hearing...I am a Heritage guy but I also own a pair of KG 5.5s...I added the Titanium tweeter diaphragms over a year ago (HUGE isnstantly noticeable difference) but have yet to get the crossovers from Bob and Michael (I just use mine for TV speakers now in a non Home Theater area)...thanks,

Bill

Just got through installing everything, Wow! They sound great. I first installed the crossovers and played them. They sounded more open and had more depth. Then I installed the tweeter diaphrams and replayed the same material, the highs really opened up! Much more detail. I am very happy with this upgrade and will try to post some pictures later. Great craftmanship by Bob Crites & son. Rick