HT or 2 Channel Listening, Help Needed

twins0649

Hello all,

Is it possible to achieve a happy balance between 2 channel listening and HT. I have Klipsch Cornwall I's driven by Crown IC150 preamp and Crown DC

300A amp. I am in a quandry if I should sell the Crown and Cornwalls or integrate them into a HT environment. The Crown gear is strictly 2 channel. I have a chance to purchase La Scalas, would they be better for dual use in HT and 2 channel listening?

After 30+ years, I still love the Heritage speaker line. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

twins0649

Is it possible to achieve a happy balance between 2 channel listening and HT

I would say heck yes!

Why don't you get the LaScalas, use them as your mains. Take your Cornwalls and use them as your rears until you can (hopefully) get a third LaScala for a center channel (best case scenario) or maybe a Cornwall for a center (2nd choice)

Where are you located? Roger in Indy has a HT 7.1 system that is seven LaScalas. It will drop your jaw to the ground. It can focus the center channel so well that when I was there to hear it, I thought he was joking with me when I heard the center. I just KNEW he was clowning around with me and turned his front R + L off and was playing only the center. He swore that he was not. I didn't believe him, got out of the chair and started walking forward. The sound was LOCKED in the center until I got three or four feet away from the speaker, then it dissolved into the speakers on the sides. It was an amazing experience for me.

Where are you located? Perhaps hearing something like this would convert you in about..... 345 nanoseconds [:D]

My opinion is yes.

See my system below.......

When using 2 channel; it's the Heresies only....... (and they rock). Your CWs would be superior IMHO..... If you wanted LaScalas; they would be great mains also, with CWs as surrounds...... (as a previous poster mentiond)....

My HT : it is the KV3 and heresies blended..... I have an EQ in my receiver for each speaker; and I feel I have acheived a nice seemless blend of sound by using this. The surrounds blend nicely as well.....

To each his own..... My ears are happy; (the GFs also).... and ultimately; thats what matters......

Good Luck

Why don't you keep the Corns for surrounds and buy the La Scalas for mains which will also serve as your 2-Channel listening. That way you will have both excellent HT and 2-Ch system.

I am in a quandry if I should sell the Crown and Cornwalls or integrate them into a HT environment.

Why don't you get the LaScalas, use them as your mains. Take your Cornwalls and use them as your rears until you can (hopefully) get a third LaScala for a center channel (best case scenario) or maybe a Cornwall for a center (2nd choice)

yeah