Switchboard

My parents said I loved switches and buttons when I was little. I guess I still do! My Dad mentioned one time how he almost made some kind of switchboard for me. My son is 2 1/2 and is always playing around with the lights and anything else. So I took a few trips to Radio Shack and put together this switchboard. Ended up being more expensive and time consuming than anticipated, but fun too.

Building the box was simple, however I'm not knowledgable with electronics and with that it was a hit and miss creation (burnt out more than a few LEDs).

post-34666-138195543255_thumb.jpg

post-34666-13819569760718_thumb.jpg

I sure hope you own stock in a battery company . . . Wink

LOL - I know what you mean. I wanted it to be battery powered and portable. I may change the few flashlight bulbs in there to all LED. Makes a BIG difference.

Another thing I didn't think of, which is obvious really, is that he walks away with some on. If I don't catch it, it's wasted battery. Heh, I guess the whole thing is really 'fluff' battery use. Rechargables......here we go!

I did think of that in the planning stages, but couldn't figure out how to wire all of them to one Frankenstein switch. They all are indiviual closed circuits with their own power and switch.

Same with using one power source - thought is was a good idea, but my mind kind of spun around and blanked out (happening more often).