Cabinet refinish on chery RF-5s

Yura

Any advice or recommendations on refinishing two chery RF-5s that are in somewhat rough shape? It looks like they have a really thin veneer and i was wondering if it is possible to sand it lightly and put a new coat of stain. Right now cabinets have a few chips in veneer (missing pieces her and there) as well as scratches and marks from drinking glasses...

I've searched the forum and internet but most are talking about working with thicker veneer or plywood cabinets. I don't know if the veneer on RF-5s can be resurfaced or if it needs to be stripped and new applied.

The problem as i see it is the fact that RF-5s are not made of wood/plywood but in part made of MDF.

ANy thoughts?

That's what i was thinking... but not sure how to remove the veneer glue from the cabinet after i remove the veneer. I don't want to soak the cabinet with any liquids, as im afraid it may deform or have issues with adhesion of the new veneer.

Any advise on removing old veneer glue?

Its a great how-to article that i will use for instructions.

However, can you give any advise on repairing/leveling the sport where the edge veneer broken off? I need to remove the glue and then level the surface out. Goo-Off and Bondo?

Also - what tools/technique did you use to make straight edgebands? I can't see how i can cut 5 feet in one motion without messing it up somehere... Just pinning a long metal ruller to the veneer and cutting?

Thanks!