Klipsch reference and yamaha 663

Snead

Im upgrading my set up from Quintets to Reference. What i want to know if my reciver will be fine with the set up im going with. Speakers are Rc-62 /Rb-61 and Rs-42 will my yamaha 663 push these speakers or should i get another reciver too?

I second what Inventor said, people say really good things about that model of Yammy. You should be just fine. Enjoy your new Reference gear, it's a biiiiig difference. Post some pics if you get a chance, we all love pics!!

Jrod

I have one that powered my set-up for over a year. Its a good reciever. And it has pre-out's incase you ever run on to a good buy on a amp. One other thing, do you have a sub? A sub will take alot of pressure off your reciever when hitting the lows.

I realy like the 663 very good sound quality . And I prolly get and ext amp later but for know I'll just have the receiver . I live in a town house so can't turn it to loud , with my quintets I can only turn it to Maybe around -25 to -20 . And I'm going to use a klipsch sub 12 got a killer deal on it

I have rf-82s and 2 subs i think the bass department is covered. Wait i dont have an external amp maybe it is not...[6] Yeah i have heard great things about yamaha and since you have preouts you are covered for those future upgrades. Also the sub12 provides great bass, post pics when it comes togethor

You will probably notice a fuller sound but dont expect bass from the reference, that is what subs are for.

Get ya some RF-83's and you'll have Plenty O' Bass Big Smile

I'll post some pics when I get everything my center won't be here till end of month ordered it from bb . They have added some more klipsch ref stuff that I'm looking at might add rf -62 instead of rb- 61 but don't know yet

My 665 pushes my RF-82, RC-62 & RS-42's pretty well. With that said I hooked up my little vintage Marantz 2015 to my RF-82's WOW what a difference that 2015 makes. Much warmer sound and a much tighter/louder bass. Needless to say now I may have to try adding a Emotiva XPA-3 to see how that sounds.

Good luck!

Rocko

i second the patience. yeah BB has the no interest, but a lot of people here upgrade, and a lot of the times upgrade while what ever upgraded they just did is still being delivered! sometimes you can find awesome deals. if you are thinking of RF-82's or RF-62's, my personal choice would be to find a set of RF-3's. you can find a complete 5.1 set for around $600. i can guarantee the RF-3's will sound every bit as good as the RF-82's, maybe a touch better. also with the rf-3s you can do a crossover upgrade sometime down the road. everyone that has those love them. i don't know if this matters to you but the RF-3's were made in Hope. that was one of the reasons i bought the RF-7's and not the new line. i wanted to do my best and support the workers there. just a personal choice, i don't want to start and bashing or word war.