Outlaw 997.........

RockOn4Klipsch

anyone else get the memo from outlaw putting the kabosh to the 997. They are however going to continue with their " next generation" processor the 998 which promises to deliver all the the 997 promised with HDMI 1.4 installed.

To me the memo sounded like they never really intended to release the 997, atleast they've finally told us something. It seems the 998 is their way on continuing their assesment and development of the 997 and giving it a new faceplate to convince their fans that they may having something in the future, according to the memo sometime late this year we could expect the 998, but they way it's been going with Sherwood Newcastle and Outlaw implementation of Trinnov it might be 2014 before we actually see anything. For anyone intersted in the memo I'll shoot you a PM with it, as this is not the place to post it again. I'm sure it can be found on their site aswell.

I thought the same thing when I got the email last night.

I think they announced the plans for the 997 about 18 months ago or so. I bet that after all the issues/hedaches with Sherwood, they thought they may want to start a new project (998) in case the Sherwood product failed. As time went on and more delays were obvious with the Sherwood, they stepped up the 998 project.

Its too bad. All the delays made me sell my 990 and I bought an Onkyo Pro 886. HAd the 998 been available last year I may have stayed with the Outlaw.

My 886 sounds much better than the 990. Hopefully the 998 is also better than the 990 for sound. I liked the 990, but the 886 has the Hi-Def audio formats.

To me the memo sounded like they never really intended to release the 997,

To me it seems like they were having problems from the start with having it configured to their specs. They should have given up on it a long time ago and started on a new design with someone else, like they are doing now. It really nice to know that the 998 isn't going to be based off another companies platform and be an Outlaw design...

be 2014 before we actually see anything.

This will be fun to watch, when it will really come out...

James