Magnolia Theater/Best Buy says "good-bye" to Klipsch?

Emanon

BB is full of pinheads and idiots- no ofense to any forum members or their families who may work there. I tried to buy some Klipsch stuff there early on. If you were lucky enough to drag an "associate " over at gunpoint to assist you the idiots knew nothing about the products. They were hooked up improperly. I left totally pi**ed off and bought them from Vanns and tweeter. I bought an 1800.00 dryer form these rocket scientists that was mispriced at 550.00. I got in a fight with the manager over a rebate on a TV- was told flatly NO on a floor model rebate- the received 2 -99.00 rebates in the mail months later. I am sure it was accidential rather than a good will gesture. I am surprised that they are still in business.

Klipsch is too good for BB- good ridance.

(Yeah, right, guys. I'm making all this up to irk you all. Give me a break.)

In the Reno BB, there are NO KLIPSCH ANYWHERE in the Magnolia department. Nothing. Nada, Zip. Zilch. And the BB website too has NO KLIPSCH. Coincidence? Hmmmmm....

The above statement is incorrect. I checked the BB website personally (using the search function) and found several Klipsch models as mentioned in posts above. So what's your motive here Emanon? MC

Yeah, it's possible the salesperson was exaggerating when she mentioned Wal-Mart specifically. The point she was making, however, is that Magnolia will no longer carry them and the feeling was Klipsch was going "mainstream", mass market.

Except the opposite is true, it's BB that is mainstream mass market and not high end audio, not Klipsch. I am sure that BB mostly sold the lower model Klipsch speakers as well. Did BB/Magnolia even stock the higher end Klipsch speakers? I don't think they did.

Nope. The highest end that I can recall ever seeing at BB/Magnolia (at least the one here near my place in Fredericksburg) was the RF-82. No RF-83s. No new-release RF-7s and most certainly not Heritage or Palladium models.

I agree that even at the one here, the setups were always trashed or did not work correctly. Heck, I could not even hook up my own material to listen to. One time, I snuck an iPod and a set of RCA cables and managed to by-pass thier canned setup to play my own material. A store manager freaked and started to give me $#!+ about it. I basically told him where to shove it and left. What was funny though was a couple of the associates thought that was pretty kick-*** and loved the music that I was playing (instead of the tired old mainstream junk they use in thier canned setup). A couple even asked me who the artist was and what album that was (which I gladly showed them).

I guess that manager did not appreciate the power/prog metal that I had playing (I bet he was into all that retarted rap/hip-hop crap and would not know what to do if somebody played and exposed him to actual music with real talent involved on a system that could actually do it justice).

Just curious about a comment from Amy, though. Who is going to carry the Icon W and X series? Is anybody or are they getting dicontinued? I'll admit that the Icon W series speakers were really quite beautiful and sounded superb. If I was in the market for new speakers, I may have been tempted to get a set. Would be a shame if they are no longer available, but I guess times do change and hopefully something just as nice or even better is in the wings.

MC. The current BB website does NOT have the same content I was viewing a few days ago when I looked. There's no way I could miss that big, honkin' Klipsch picture/logo on the search results page. About 10 days ago there were listings for Reference and F3 models which I no longer see.