Tests: K-69-A driver on Edgar type wood Tractrix horn

Thanks for the report and the effort. I wish that I could have corrected my test setup issues earlier to get better results, but it looks as if you are able to proceed well without my feeble testing results. Keep us informed. I'd also like to know your overall differences in gain from the bass unit (Khorn?) to the P.Audio driver/horn when you get a chance.

Chris

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the report and the effort. I wish that I could have corrected my test setup issues earlier to get better results, but it looks as if you are able to proceed well without my feeble testing results. Keep us informed. I'd also like to know your overall differences in gain from the bass unit (Khorn?) to the P.Audio driver/horn when you get a chance.

Chris

Chris. I will keep the information coming. Please keep your testing going as well. I am a total novice at this and barely know what I am doing. If it wasn't for Dr. Who, yourself and a few others I would still be asking what an active crossover was.

As far as the gain difference, relative to my JBL/Trachorn combo, I am not sure how to measure that. However, the JBL driver is 16 Ohm and the P. Audio are 8 Ohm. I did have to raise the volume level of my mid amps by a third with the new combination last night. Doesn't really mean anything since the drivers have different impedence and my mic measurements were not at the same location from when I took the JBL measurements.

I will report on the new setup vs. the Khron bass bin when I get it moutned properly. That comparrison should tell me more. I am not sure how much time to devote to voicing the speaker since the final aim is to merge the P. Audio with JC's DBB. I need to get working on that build at some point. I have the Kappalite woofers now and everything but the plywood.