Amp repair

qstuff

Uhhh, if you had a PayPal claim then you should be all set, he would have to proove he return shipped your item to win. Did you close the claim? and if yes, WHY!?!?! lol. Man, that sucks. But I am still confused, and FYI, Small Claims would be held in his home are, not yours, so I wouldn't get too crazy into that. But PayPal should be able to help you out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The date on my PayPal invoice to Elliot is Oct 14, 2009. I didn't get it sent to him for another 2 or 3 weeks. On Dec. 11, I got an email with a FedEx tracking number. I got it, hooked it up, no sound, fuse blown. Went out and got some fuses and tried it again -- same result. Boxed it all up and sent controller and all along back to Elliot. Haven't seen it since, including no response to 3 or 4 emails to check on progress. I guess it's a good thing I have patience.

I finally got back my unit. and works great. but took almost four months. If Elliott was better with communication I dont think so many ppl would be so upset with him. out of 8ish Emails to him over the course of 4 months I got one two responses. The unit is better in my opinion but if someone can tolerate the frustration of dealing with with then it was worth the money. but only by a small margin. Elliott if you read this I feel you seriously need to start making a better effort to communicate with your customers and most would be more understanding.

• 3 months later...

I sent Elliott my amp. When I emailed him multiple times to inquire about service, shipping, payment he was immediately able to respond and give details. He told me the turnaround time on the amp repair would be 20 days from the time it was shipped. It is now past that allotted time and I've emailed elliott several times and have gotten no response. I would far greatly prefer to have a working amp than to have to go through the process of a dispute with pay pal and my credit card company. From what I read here, his promised 20 day turnaround doesn't seem to happen very often, but declining to reply to customers is very bad business. I found elliott through these forums and I will post my experience here as well!

• 2 months later...

My amp was shipped to him via USPS Priority on July 26th, 2010. Like others, he promised me a 20 day turnaround. After sending several emails asking for updates well past the 20 day turnaround period, I finally got a response on Sept 1st that he would have it out that week. Well guess what, he didnt. I then begged him for a response throughout September. I finally got a response on September 23rd that he had shipped it out on Monday.

I get the amp, finally. I hook it up. The sound is WORSE than when I sent it out. After 3 minutes of checking my speaker hookups and such, it suddenly went POP with a large puff of smoke and died.

I contact him, obviously upset over how long it took, having it worse than before, and now fully dead. He says to send it back and hell fix it and that hes sorry. So I do as he wont give a refund for work already performed. Yeah great work. He also promises a 5 DAY turnaround this time.

I send it back on Oct. 5th again via USPS Priority Mail. He has yet to respond.

This guy is a scammer. I am out a total of around $145. Plus OODLEs of wasted time between July 26th and right now, November 11th, and dont even have my amp back.

I could NEVER EVER recommend anyone do any kind of business with this scammer.

I have given him an ultimatum to either have my fully functioning amp sent to me, or my money refunded, by Dec 1st. If he doesnt, I am going to be thrashing his name all over the internet, as well as pursuing legal action. Its his choice, at this point, I dont even care about the money anymore. I will make him regret ever screwing me over.

I don’t even care about the money anymore. I will make him regret ever screwing me over.

I recommend taking a spoon from the mess hall when the guards aren't looking and spending a month grinding against the concrete wall in your cell down to a fine point to create a nice shiv and stick him out in the yard on the courts.

Same problem on my end, communication was great when he was making the sale, now that he has my amp there is no communication at all. This is seriously bad business I would never suggest anyone use this guys services. 100% unacceptable!! I will be in his area in 2 months time and will deal with the situation on my own.

Same problem on my end, communication was great when he was making the sale, now that he has my amp there is no communication at all. This is seriously bad business I would never suggest anyone use this guys services. 100% unacceptable!! I will be in his area in 2 months time and will deal with the situation on my own.

What about your hippocratic oath?

• 2 weeks later...

My amp was shipped to him via USPS Priority on July 26th, 2010. Like others, he promised me a 20 day turnaround. After sending several emails asking for updates well past the 20 day turnaround period, I finally got a response on Sept 1st that he would have it out that week. Well guess what, he didn’t. I then begged him for a response throughout September. I finally got a response on September 23rd that he had shipped it out on Monday.

I get the amp, finally. I hook it up. The sound is WORSE than when I sent it out. After 3 minutes of checking my speaker hookups and such, it suddenly went POP with a large puff of smoke and died.

I contact him, obviously upset over how long it took, having it worse than before, and now fully dead. He says to send it back and he’ll fix it and that he’s sorry. So I do as he won’t give a refund for “work already performed”. Yeah great work. He also promises a 5 DAY turnaround this time.

I send it back on Oct. 5th again via USPS Priority Mail. He has yet to respond.

This guy is a scammer. I am out a total of around $145. Plus OODLEs of wasted time between July 26th and right now, November 11th, and don’t even have my amp back.
I could NEVER EVER recommend anyone do any kind of business with this scammer.

I have given him an ultimatum to either have my fully functioning amp sent to me, or my money refunded, by Dec 1st. If he doesn’t, I am going to be thrashing his name all over the internet, as well as pursuing legal action. It’s his choice, at this point, I don’t even care about the money anymore. I will make him regret ever screwing me over.

Thank you so much for your post.

Elliot was sent my amp in early July. The 20 day turnaround is a joke. I also had the experience with him of the duck and run....instant communication making the sale, nonexistant after that. Repeated emails were ignored. Finally he replies 2.5 months after the fact that the amp is being shipped out at the end of the week. Two weeks go by. No amp. I email again, he says end of the week. Two weeks, no amp. I finally email the guy and say look dude, i love this amp, I don't mind waiting but please be honest about a realistic date it will be ready. He replies that he's mailing it out THAT day. And he actually does. The amp arrived working. I sent it to him for repair with three blown channels. It arrived back with all channels functioning. Unfortunately the front right channel only lasted about an hour before it blew again. So i I have three working channels now. I contacted elliott to let him know the one channel blew again. He offered to fix it if i sent it back but there was no way i was going through that ordeal again. Three is almost as good as four. And at least I have it back. No telling when that would happen if i let him get his hands on it again.

Just a note for anyone else going through this, I just got off the phone with the Cedar Hill Police Department. It's ~$200 to file a civil suit so not really worth it, but you can send Elliot a letter via certified mail demanding that he return your functioning amplifier, or your broken amplifier and your money within 10 days.

At the same time, send a copy of this letter, along with who you are, contact info, description of your issue, and a copy of the certified letter receipt that you sent to Elliot to the following address:

Cedar Hill Police Department

285 Uptown Blvd.

Cedar Hill TX, 75104

Wait 10 days. Then if you haven't received your repaired amp, or your broken amp and money back, contact the Cedar Hill Police Department at 972-291-5181.

Essentially you have to send this final ultimatum demand letter and prove that you did. Once he doesn't comply, the local authorities will get involved.

I'll be sending out my letters tomorrow.