Outlaw 750 vs. Carver AV 705

jperrewe

Looking at these two used 5 channel amps. Can get the Carver AV 705 for less money, but have enough for the Outlaw 750. Both have good reviews. Like to hear what the forum has to say if the choice was yours. Maybe other 5 channel amps in this category.

Thanks for the info..

------------------

A/VR- Yamaha 870

RF-3II

RC-3II

RS-3II

KSW12

DVD Panasonic RP-56

Pioneer 5 Disc CD

Echostar Digital Sat

Hitachi Ultravision 50"

I have an Outlaw 750 and do like the amp very much. You get a lot of amp for the money. I have used it with RF-3 Series and liked the sound very much. I'm presently using it with Heritage speakers.

It's 165W X 5 is enough to drive any Klipsch speaker to insane listening levels. I would describe it as an amp that produces very smooth detailed non-fatiguing sound, and is also very musical. It serves me well for music or HT. I have not heard the Carver amp.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Count me in as another satisfied Outlaw 750 owner - I use it in a Heritage HT as well, with excellent results. Built like a tank, runs cool, sounds great in HT and 2 channel. I've not heard the Carver either.

I'm only guessing at what you are spending, but in this general range, there are quite a few Acurus 200x5 amps floating around too - and might be had for similar dollars. It's worth a look.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

Thanks Guys,

I have been planning on buying an Outlaw 750, the Carver AV705 thing just popped up. Saw a couple for sale, checked out some older reviews and seemed like a good buy. I have also reserved the Outlaw 950 pre/pro. Who knows when that will show up. Any way, with Carver being out of business, I'm will more than likely become an Outlaw. Athough, Carver has some ex-tech employees who started their own repair business to support their products. (Pretty Cool).

Later,

------------------

A/VR- Yamaha 870

RF-3II

RC-3II

RS-3II

KSW12

DVD Panasonic RP-56

Pioneer 5 Disc CD

Echostar Digital Sat

Hitachi Ultravision 50"