question on my sub-12 good settings

synergyfreak

it seems hard to dial in the sub exact, with reference to low pass crossover hertz setting and the gain control. Was wondering what the preferences were right now i have at half up on the gain, and at 70 hertz on the low pass crosser sounds great on tv, movies, but blu ray, and real bass happy movies it seems to boomy, just wondering maybe its just the nature of the sub-12 was looking at upgrading to rsw series, wanted to see what everyone else thought first thanks.

"Ive now converted completely from the synergy line to reference series, big difference" Actually, you still need to upgrade your sub, but you already know that.

When you finally do upgrade, don't limit your self to Klipsch subs. They're speakers are awesome, but there's other brands that specialize in subs. Elemental Designs, SVS, HSU and others. Do a little research. Your sub doesn't have to be timber matched like your mains. I've ran 4 different brands with my klipsch speakers and they all blended well after calibration. No matter what brand you choose, and even with the sub you have now, optimize it's use by choosing proper placement and carefully calibration.

• 4 months later...

I would seriously think about going with two of the sub-12's when thinking in terms of upgrading your sound quality. Two of them would absolutely rock most largeish rooms. A used sub12 is pretty easy to come by at a cheap price. The only thing you'd be compromising on would be the really low extension into the teens. But about 20 hertz and up you would be in good hands.