Need some help vintage.....

I came across an amp from '79 that needs some work but I have no idea where to look or start.

Lets start here, it's was made by a company called Audica, Manufacture Date is July 1979 Made in Korea. Model SA-3180B.

Physically it's in great condition, functionally probably 50/50 for a couple of reasons, left channel fades in and out, and when moving the "Bass" control there are pops.

I've tried different inputs (ie aux 1 and aux 2) I've also tried channel A and Channel B the issue stay consistent. When playing music the left channel fades in and out with noticeable distortion, the times in which it happens stay consistent as well. The left channel will sound fine for approx 15 secs then is static and distortion take over for approx 10 sec.

with the limited knowledge I do have, I was thinking the Cap for the left channel is shot and is constantly charging and draining. I opened the unit up and it's very clean, I tightened up some loose connection and will get some deoxit to try and clean the pots. Any idea's as to what the issue could be. I will try and get some High Resolution pictures up so anyone interested can take a look.

Thanks.

With the unit turned off and unplugged put all the controls as high as they can go and then as low as they can go, 50-100 times. If they are knobs, turn the knobs all the way up and all the day down, if they are sliders, slide them back and forth. Doing that helped eliminate the static from the volume pot on the old H/K 730 that I had.

If I might suggest a website that is know as www.audiokarma.org (I think). They have several sections and there is a sticky about cleaning equipment withDeOxit something I need to do to an older amp. The sound keeps cutting in and out on the channels. Anyway maybe someone over there can help. They are pretty friendly over there.