299D Back Home Yeah!

I drove the 300 mile round trip to pick up my recapped and tube matched 299D yesterday

Hooked her up this morning and played a few cds and am now listening to Peter Frampton Live lp..

Wow! and it's caps aren't totally burned in yet.

I am very pleased. Money well spent.

Oh yeah, I am just listening through the Advent Legacy's. I can't wait till I hook up the Belle's.

Tom, aka, Happy Camper!

Always nice to have a fresh rebuild. Which Caps did you choose Tom?

Cornman

I don't know about caps and such, so, I left that up to the gentleman who did the work.

I put my trust in him and hoped he would do a good job and use high quality parts.

I know that he did use good quality Mylar caps and made sure the tubes were matched as well as he could with the stock he had on hand and the NOS tubes I had already rounded up.

He has been working on tube type audio gear for over 30 years and he owns some amazing pieces. A couple of the items I seen at his place would surely be equal to (in value) a piece of real estate .

He had some Atmosphere (not sure of the spelling of this manufacturer) monoblocks and preamp and a pair of MBL Radialstrahler speakers. Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to listen to them.

Well, if I was frightened before listening to this baby with the Belle's, I can say without a doubt, I am terrified now.

I couldn't wait any longer , so, I put this little amp in the main system and WOW!

The soundstage opened up, the clarity and overall musical experience has just jumped up a couple of notches.

I guess I will give it a month or so before I revisit my solid state stuff and determine if there are changes needed.

It is all coming back to me now why I was so smitten with it when I first bought it. It sounds even better now.

Damn this is fun stuff.

Tom