HT Setup question

jayman54

I currently have a 12" Klipsch Sub that I am very happy with, but I am replacing tiny little satelite speakers. Trying to make it all fit in my budget I am consdering the following 5.1 setup

• RB-81
  • RC-52
  • RS-42
  • Existing sub

Any opinions? Good idea, bad idea?

Thanks

I currently have a 12" Klipsch Sub that I am very happy with, but I am replacing tiny little satelite speakers. Trying to make it all fit in my budget I am consdering the following 5.1 setup

• RB-81
  • RC-52
  • RS-42
  • Existing sub

Any opinions? Good idea, bad idea?

Thanks

Replacing satellites = [Y]

I would advise going with the RC-62 no matter what fronts you end up with. You don't want to skimp on the center since it handles so much of a movie's (and TV, and games) sound.

If you can swing the 81's, I'd say do it. You don't want to get the 61's and wonder "what if". I've never owned the 81's, but people that have seem to love them. Don't be scared to search the used market for deals.

Good luck, let us know what you end up with!

Jrod

• Moderators

What percentage do you listen to movies vs music? If you watch more movies, I personally would go with the RB-61's and upgrade the center to the RC-62. I wasn't impressed at all with the RC-52. The RC-62 IMO is a much better speaker.

The RB-35's (very similar to the RB-81's) are a great front ported speaker.