HF-81 Progress Report

NOSValves

Jazzman and Mike

Sorry to hear that. I myself am so tired of that Dam desease its horrible. My dad had a run in with a few years ago scared the hell out of me. Now one of my oldest friends has throat cancer and he's been going thru Kemo and the works for the last 6 months. Might loose his tong luckily there saving his voise box for sure so he will be able to learn to talk again if they remove his tongue.

Jazzman

In your loss you should not be the least bit worried about hooking up the heresy's. Its not that big of a deal. I think you will find that it sounds fine. My unit is just a basket case period. But none the less I'm curios on how it sounds so just do it when you have a chance.

Craig

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig,

Thanks to you and all the memgers of this Forum who expressed sympathy for the loss of my sister. I appreciate those thoughts and it does make my life richer. Life events like this also puts most things in their proper perpspective, and makes one appreciate every single day we're alive on this planet. No matter how many toys we accumulate, we can't take any of them with us. I'm in St. Louis at the moment, but looking forward to geting back to the SF BAy area Sunday night.

I did connect the Heresys to the HF81 before making a dash for the red eye flight. Craig, I hope you find the problem. The HF81 and Heresy combo was great. In fact, it has to be the best the Heresys have ever sounded, though I have never had an all tube front end on them. I used the Tjoeb99 CP player with this combo and had very rich bass and sparkling high frequency sound. I would not add a sub to that very rich bass sound unless it was maybe the most demanding classical music. Nothing harse was found. It's a good thing my 13 yr old son did not hear the combo or I can hear the lobbying now for "upgrade, please???...".(The Heresys live in his room.) The HF81 is real.

Klipsch out.

This message has been edited by jazman on 03-30-2002 at 05:20 PM

Jazman, may extend belated condolences from our family of Forum members who have yet to learn of your loss. You have been a credit to this board, and as such, we tend to feel some of your loss. May the memory of the good times together live in your heart. -HornEd

Jazzman

Thanks I appreciate your efforts !!! It confirms what I expected.

So here's the game plan. I have done all the wiring bandaids I'm willing to do to this HF-81. So I'm going to have the do a complete gut job or nothing at all and just part it out.

I have a guy right now that is interested in everything but the tubes and we will see what he comes up with ! I never thought of the option of selling it that way he did. It sounds good to me because I would love to keep the tubes. I could sell the ones I don't need and keep the rest. So if someone wants the EZ-81s they may be for sale. There Mullards and test great dead even at 100 on my EICO 667 tube tester.

But don't get excited yet we will have to see what happens with this buyer.

Craig

Mike, sorry to hear of your girl friend's challenge. If there every was a time when a woman needs all the support she can get... it is now.

Fifty two years ago, my mother went into the hospital for a breast biopsy for cancer. She woke up to discover they had done a radical mastectomy to her right breast. Ten days later they did the same to the left side. A month or so later they did a radical hysterectomy for which they gave her a less than one in ten chance of surviving. Since my father had difficulty facing up to the task, I had the opportunity of providing the male support and reassurance she needed.

As bad as the physical disease is... it's psychological damage can destroy the quality of life for the victim and many of the people around her. Our good thoughts and best wishes that you both may triumph in this difficult time. My mother is now hale and hearty at 94... and all of her doctors have finished their run. May your girl friend, like your mother, enjoy her 94th year in the Klipsch Heritage. -HornEd