Downsizing Center Speaker

dj928

I have an RC7 speaker that I am having to downsize due to a loss of room in my home theater area. I have found a really good deal on Synergy C-1 Center Channel Speakers. I can get 2 of them for less than one RC-10 or one C-2 speaker. Is it OK to hook up 2 center speakers insteaad of one and is it advisable? If I don't use 2 speakers there, I will only have room for an RC-10 or C-2 speaker. The next size up from there is too large. I'm also open to other speaker brands if necessary considering my size limitation. Thanks

Honestly I'm not sure having to centers would be an improvement.Instead of going for 2 medium/low quality centers - try to see which of the refence will fit in your new setup. You want your center as big as you can fit.

I'm far away so I have the benefit of being able to look at this from far away. [;)] Personally, I'd put the RC-7 on the top shelf of a linen closet and run phantom center. The only thing that never changes is that things change; you might not have a downsized space forever, and you'll regret having sold that RC-7 should that come to pass.

I prefer phantom center to a mismatched center. Some people feel the same, some people don't, but you have nothing to lose by trying it.

You might be surprised by how well your RB-75s image and fill in the
middle, and trying it is free. [:D] If that turns out not to be satisfactory, I'd use any Reference speaker of the same generation before I'd use any other speaker of any kind.