Carver Silver 9t

The guy who sold me the belles, has some carver stuff for sale, that he wants me to buy. He has 2 silver 9t and a 2channel amp he used to drive his rears, I think he said like 250-350wpc. And he also has the matcing pre amp, which was at that time was the best out there.

Anyone own or have heard about carver stuff? He will sell all 4 pieces to me for a good price.

The guy who sold me the belles, has some carver stuff for sale, that he wants me to buy. He has 2 silver 9t and a 2channel amp he used to drive his rears, I think he said like 250-350wpc. And he also has the matcing pre amp, which was at that time was the best out there.

Anyone own or have heard about carver stuff? He will sell all 4 pieces to me for a good price.

What is a "Good Price"?

The Silver 9T is basicaly the same as the Silver 7T, but the 9T has lighted power meters, and the 7T does not. These are 585 watt per channel mono block amplifiers.

What are the other amp and preamp serial numbers? It is dumb to speculate on unknown variables such as unknown models of products, let alone no pictures or unknown condition.

Roger

the price is $1200 for everything.

He forgot the numbers for the other amp and pre amp. I am waiting for his call, so I can see what they are. He said that they are in close to mint condition, and I trust him since I have his belles, and they are in awesome condition as well.

I wanted to know if anyone knew more about the 9t amps, and what the sound quality is. Should I waste me time getting these or just keep on looking?

$1200 for everything. He told me the model number for the 2 channel. But I forgot it. Something like a m5? I'm waiting for his call back to clarify that. But what about the silver 9t? Is this a good amp? I've read online that it has a lot of power. Not really a lot of info on it though?

Ok so everyone wants to buy them, but no one will tell me any info as to why! I want to know what im getting. Everyone offering to buy them from me is not helping! Damn I dont even have them yet!

He did say that the pre-amp has the sound field that no one else can do, like you hit this button and it wraps you in your music.

Ok so everyone wants to buy them, but no one will tell me any info as to why! I want to know what im getting. Everyone offering to buy them from me is not helping! *** I dont even have them yet!

He did say that the pre-amp has the sound field that no one else can do, like you hit this button and it wraps you in your music.

Next to Bob Carvers Silver Seven Tube Amp that brings in the $20,000 range, these were arguably the best solid state amps he ever made, except maybe the TFM-75 which was a 750 watt dual mono block with two seperate power cords in a single housing, so it looses some cool factor that the two seperate mono blocks have. They bring the kind of money he is asking just for the Silver 9Ts, and you only see about one pair a year or so come up on ebay, because they were expensive and not alot were sold. These amps were made in the 1980s, and these and Nakamichi were about as good as you could buy at that time, plus the T in 9T stands for Tube. Although solid state, Carver modified them for a warmer, softer tube like sound which is prefered with Klipsh Heritage speakers. Personally, they are way overkill in Wattage, and I actually like the sound of my Nakamichi PA-7s or PA-7IIs better, but they are from the time I was getting out of highschool, and at that time, I wanted a set, but they, as well as the PA-7 Nakamichis, were out of my price range, but I always envisioned one on each of two K-Horns "Someday".. It was a day dream, nostalgia. I even still have the sales brochure for the Carver Silver 9Ts that I picked up in the local Classic Audio store back then. That honest enough for you?

I was bidding on a pair a couple of years ago, but I did something I never do, I had to go out of state, so I placed a proxy bid as I couldn't be anywhere near a computer when they were coming down, and someone pecked away at it until they won the auction

Roger

OK so its good stuff! I guess that not alot of them were made is why its hard to find info on the stuff as well.

OK the amp is the m1.5t, and pre is c4000.

He said you gota leave the system on all the time, cause it takes forever to warm up? Sounds a lil like tubes to me. but on all the time?? I dunno. But I am gona try and get these in the next month, since I just spent alot of money on the belles!

Too bad the pre-amp wasn't the C-19, that was one of the most desirable pre-amps Carver made.

The Silver 7T and Silver 9T monoblock amps were designed to go with Carver's Amazing Loudspeakers which use ribbons. Due to the inefficiencies of ribbon speakers, the power of the Silver monoblocks mated very well with them.

As stated by Roger, they are way overkill for Klipsch speakers.

That honest enough for you?

Yep.

The guy sent some pics last night, and they look nice! Im not too sure bout the looks of the pre and m1.5t, but who knows? Im sure when I get it in person it will look better. The looks of the silver 9t is cool though! I wonder what color the lights for the meters are?

Well here is some pics!

post-42057-13819598241572_thumb.jpg

post-42057-13819616375668_thumb.jpg

That honest enough for you?

Yep.

The guy sent some pics last night, and they look nice! Im not too sure bout the looks of the pre and m1.5t, but who knows? Im sure when I get it in person it will look better. The looks of the silver 9t is cool though! I wonder what color the lights for the meters are?

Well here is some pics!

You have to remember these were late 1980s to about 1994. No color lights or L.E.D.s, just lit, and not real well either, they are lit from the bottom of each meter, and it is obvious as the tops of the dials wont be lit as well.

Roger

To give you a little info on what Carver equipt. is selling for on ebay, go to:

http://thecarversite.com/auctions.htm

As an aside, I bid on the following auction(which is still open)until common sense overtook lust. I bid under the same username as I have on this forum.

So, you can see that although I backed off a little early, I was still mulling this over even yesterday. That's when the common sense and personal economics kicked in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180518450812

Randall

Randall,

I noticed your Brinkman electric smoker in your signature. May I suggest the Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker. You get the charcoal taste and it holds the temperature like a rock. Electric smokers to charcoal smokers is like going from solid state amps to tube amps.

Randall,

I noticed your Brinkman electric smoker in your signature. May I suggest the Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker. You get the charcoal taste and it holds the temperature like a rock. Electric smokers to charcoal smokers is like going from solid state amps to tube amps.

Southern(I do like your username),

Here's the deal...After the first 3 hours, charcoal or any other flavor source, except injecting, does not penetrate the meat any further. So the way I do it is to add whatever wood chunks I'm using for a particular piece of meat for the first 3 hours. Your smoke ring is fully developed by that time...which contrary to popular belief adds zero flavor to meat but is required in competition BBQ events for esthetics.

If you doubt this, try trimming off only a portion of the smoke ring...not the bark..., then trim a deeper portion and compare. If you do a blind a-b test, you will not be able to tell the difference. I will put my smoker, which I just got a replacement element for(lasted for 4 years), up against any smoker on the face of the earth for taste. Plus, it's like a Showtime rotisserie, which I also own and highly recommend...set it and after the first 3 hours of wood chunks...forget it.

This is OT for this thread, just go to:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/136272.aspx

With all respect to charcoal and to you,

Randall

Yep.

Well here is some pics!

Rennoc, don't pay any attention to the rest of these guys. Send me the guy's email and/or telephone number and I will get in touch with him and try to get him down on his price for you. That's just the kind of guy I am. I hate to see someone get beat up on price for an old piece of obsolete gear.

By the way, use either a PM or email me, I have my reasons[A]

Randall

Rennoc, don't pay any attention to the rest of these guys. Send me the guy's email and/or telephone number and I will get in touch with him and try to get him down on his price for you. That's just the kind of guy I am. I hate to see someone get beat up on price for an old piece of obsolete gear.

By the way, use either a PM or email me, I have my reasonsAngel

Randall

And he did PM me. And I did play nice,dammit.[Y]