6ave name your price for RW-10d??

cigga24

I think you're right, i just read a few reviews and it seems this isnt the sub to have.

I do a lot of movies, so I also been trying to decide if i should buy new surrounds as opposed to a sub for now since the rf62s produce a little bass added to my crappy sub already, plus i'm still in an apt.

If you want a lot more low freq. - then save up for a better sub. You can get a decent Velodyne for around $600-700. You could always upgrade mains to something with more bass - I have RF-7s and they rock the house so well during exploisions in movies or when there is a helicopter scene - it feels like it's right outside the house.

If you can find a good deal on KLF-30s - try to those guys...

Ok i know this sub is not the greatest but i got a counter offer of $368. I'm thinking i should jump on this. At this price i'm thinking the SVS would be correct in saying its twice as good cause it would be twice the price...sort of.

thats still a good deal, i really am looking at the rsw-10 just dont want to spend 1299 might try the naming of the price, have you looked at the rw12 that sub is close to the specs of my sub-12, even at a more peak power range. If you name your price i bet can get it down below the listed 799 price.

I dunno I have the RW-10d, but I got it mainly because my brother worked for a high end electronics company and I got it for $300. I think the guys that don't like it have a much better set up than me, i.e., their mains and center are 1000x better and have great bass response so maybe the RW-10d is almost drowned out to an extent. With my setup I feel it works really well. I was watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen last night because people have been raving about the sound quality and I was really happy with the way my sub handled it. It didn't overpower my mains (bass heavy) but when the fight scenes were going on I thought it handled it really well. My whole downstairs was shaking to be honest with you but it wasn't nasty sounding bass, it was rumbling for lack of a better word. It is on the "low end" of Klipsch subs that I will not deny, but for me getting something like these guys in this thread have would be major overkill IMO. Just my .02. I'm sure when I upgrade in the next 10 years to better mains I might outgrow my RW-10d but for now I am perfectly content with it.

Wow i'm seriously considering the Emotiva Ultra 10 Sub now its $269! Your post makes a lot of sense and i'm in the same boat. I cant afford an expensive sub and right now i'm rocking an 8in Emerson bought in 2001. If that sounds decent to me then everything else should sound AWESOME.