LP to CD transfers, a LARGE classical catalog...

Mallette

LP to CD. Stumbled onto this in search of the elusive Biggs Freiburg SACD. Those who've read my posts will know how skeptical I am of LP>CD transfers, and of CDs in general. Further, I've not heard any of these except via the MP3 samples they offer. However, on the basis of those MP3 samples and the reviews from purchasers on their site, I am providing the link as it appears promising.

I will report back once I've ordered and auditioned, but if someone else has tried these I'd love to hear what you think.

Personally, I find it trully amazing they've apparently managed to make enough money at this to stay afloat for several years, especially considering they are limited to classical music. The organ section is astonishing with almost every Biggs album ever made as well as many other fine instruments and performers.

Great way for those not into vinyl to experience these irreplaceable musicial treasures without the fuss and muss.

At 12.00, a no brainer if they pass muster...

Film at eleven.

Dave

I've got to wonder what the copyrights issues are here. Basically they are re-releasing someone's back catalog, calling it a private sale, yet advertising it on the internet.

I suspect they probably sound pretty good, though.

Yassir, Mars Thebes, I wuz wondrin the same thang.

It may be that the rights are dirt cheap since these are classical and so old, or it may be that nobody, even the goosesteppers of the RIAA, simply don't care.

As recording engineers, which they claim to be, they certainly are aware of the law. In any event, the law makes it clear that it's the person doing the duplicating who bears the penalty.

Get'em whilst they are muy caliente, amigos de son!

Dave

Tom, I hate to say it, but it lies idle. I've moved to the Korg MR-1 for everything in 1 bit, 2.8mhz because it transcodes (to my humble ears) completely transparently to any PCM format.

I am still running my Card Deluxe, old in the tooth but still transparent, along with the ESI XL and an M-Audo USB Audiohile external on my other systems.

It IS a great card. I should probably pass it on to someone in need.

Dave