K77 Question

The chronology is T-35, then K-77, then K-77M, then K-77F. I would love to hear from people who have made a/b comparisons of the latter three, but the difference between the sound of the different models may be no greater than the within group variation between tweeters of the same model. Also, I strongly suspect that the various speaker systems that use the various K-77s are "voiced" differently, i.e., the relative level of a K-77M, for instance, in a Klipschorn, an old Cornwall, a La Scala, a Belle, and an old Heresy may be different, depending on balance issues.

thank you..interesting.. would there be any difference between the round -vs- square magnet version? hmm. I'm trying to find out to get a backup pair for my Corns. since the diaphragms are harder to get nowadays. Even the CT125's will be iffy in the future as the company apparently stopped making the old versions and the newer appear questionable.. unless I';m mistaken

ronnie

The K77M made by Electrovoice is a ceramic magnet introduced 10/24/1979. The previous K77 is Alnico Magnet. Per Dope from Hope, Klipsch considered the K77M a direct replacement for K77. However, based on posts on this forum some folks think there is a difference. Some say the K77 only goes to 12-13KHz and that the K77M has 2-3db more output than the k77 between 12-17 KHz and can reach 15-17 KHz. Crites' CT125 supposedly goes 20-22KHz,