Amp trigger installed

Youthman

• Moderators

After hooking up the new Parasound, Jhoak gave me a mono cable to use for the amp trigger. I delayed in installing it because it is very difficult now to get behind the amp. I installed the cable and the Yamaha recognized it without any setup. Works like a champ! Thx for the cable Jeff.

Now I just need to run a remote system to the lights so that the remote does not have to be pointed at the back wall and my system will be truly a 1 touch operation.

• Moderators

I just went and checked it. When I turn on the receiver, the amp kicks on 3 seconds later. When shutting off the receiver, it's immediate. Yamaha got it right! Watched a movie tonight with some friends, worked perfectly.

• Moderators

I believe I need some sort of IR Repeater or IR Blaster. The IR for the lights happens to be behind the theater seats in the back row. Right now, I just have to aim high and point it at the rear of the room to adjust the lights from the front row.