What're you driving your Forte IIs with?

Rivernuggets,

Don't sell your Sony short... I have either the exact same model, or one similar, and it sounds better than others I have tried, and that are higher rated. I find that my Sony provides a very neutral and uncolored SQ, through my Anthem AVM20 and McCormack HT1.

But your Fortes are better than your K-horns.

Even PWK preferred the Forte to the K-horn and stated so in public at least 1,000 times.

Paul thanks for the comment on the Korneff! Yes it is awesome. Now just because PWK said it doesn't mean he was right, it's a matter of taste. Also my k-horns have been modded with the V-Trac horns and 2' drivers and ALK Universal xovers. So there is no comparison with my Forte's end of story!!!

Jay

Even PWK preferred the Forte to the K-horn and stated so in public at least 1,000 times.

Paul thanks for the comment on the Korneff! Yes it is awesome. Now just because PWK said it doesn't mean he was right, it's a matter of taste. Also my k-horns have been modded with the V-Trac horns and 2' drivers and ALK Universal xovers. So there is no comparison with my Forte's end of story!!!

Jay

I was joking.. I am sure PWK never said any such thing.. in fact didn't he pass before the Forte came to be??

Rivernuggets,

Don't sell your Sony short... I have either the exact same model, or one similar, and it sounds better than others I have tried, and that are higher rated. I find that my Sony provides a very neutral and uncolored SQ, through my Anthem AVM20 and McCormack HT1.

Thanks chuckears. I've always liked the sound of this Sony 5 disc. Just haven't tried many cd players at all and just assumed this was middle to lower quality. Cool to know my ears agree with someone's out there. It's an oldie but goodie!

Jay

I was joking.. I am sure PWK never said any such thing.. in fact didn't he pass before the Forte came to be??

He passed in 2002, years after the development of the Forte; AFAIK, he was very familiar with the model, and (according to what rumour or site you are reading) either he or his grandson had/have a pair in his office.