Klipsch RF-10 with Pioneer Reciever and Sony Subwoofer. Is this a good setup?

ZASKARK

Weeks! I want to listen to my Music NOW!!!!..............................sorry for yelling

BOO HOO!!!!!!

If you do not have the patience to wait, then I agree with Dennie.

This is not only about finding more value for your dollar (a good life lesson); it is about putting in the effort to search for something of better value instead of just settling....... it is also about learning patience (an IMPORTANT life lesson).

I have a son who is 18; I made him wait over 6 MONTHS for his guitar. I got him something that is worth almost triple what we (I) paid......

He appreciates it now; and has learned something.

You will be waiting at least 5-7 days from today if you order your choices right now........

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread...... You can lead a horse to water..... etc.

[:|]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks I understand your point the reason I seem in a hurry is because school starts soon and wont have the time for research and going to other peoples homes to buy audio equipment on Craigslist is not something my parents would want me doing.

thanks I understand your point the reason I seem in a hurry is because school starts soon and wont have the time for research and going to other peoples homes to buy audio equipment on Craigslist is not something my parents would want me doing.

....and you've been asking here for a week or two. Zaskark, go for it. The gear you've picked out will work fine. You will be happy and most importantly, the search will be over for now and you be listening to music and watching movies. When and if the time comes that you want to upgrade, we'll be here.

Dennie

Is your Dad into home audio? It might be a terrific way to bond with him!

Good Luck Kid; Seriously..... As Denny said..... We will be here when you want to upgrade......

I actually ordered them this morning, I will let you guys know how I find them. I also got 16 guage speaker wire and a Line Out subwoofer cable are those the optimal connection types?

Congratulations Zashark! You're going to enjoy them. Yes, those will work fine!

Please update the thread in the Home Theater section, so they know also.

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Alright thanks I will probably upgrade when I get a job next summer and I will move into a dorm or apt for college, I hope you guys will still be here in a year or so.

We'll be here! Maybe not the exact same people, but when you buy Klipsch you join the family! [<:o)]

Dennie

Alright thanks I will probably upgrade when I get a job next summer and I will move into a dorm or apt for college, I hope you guys will still be here in a year or so.

tell us how it sounds when you get it set up.

it's too late now....you're hooked.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

welcome to the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be here.... in a week and in a year.....

Welcome to "The Family"......

Seriously..... Get your dad involved..... [H]

I used to have a BOSE (Bad Overall Sound Equipment) 321 GS htib and was not impressed with the sound for $1000 so I sold it and decided to start a new home theater. Will the RF-10s be significantly better than the Bose system or other htib systems?

Those RF-10s with a decent reciever will friggan BLOW AWAY THE BLO$E!!

And just think what you could've bought with that $1,000 instead... [:o] Oh well, no need to dwell on the past.

I saw your post farther down in the thread where you went and ordered the gear.

Awesome! Now the hardest part - waiting for it come in.. [:S]

Yeah, you do need patience if going the second hand route, but the deals do show up - it is just a matter of the right timing.

However, at least the advantages of getting new is that you will get a full warrentee (and I believe Amazon is an authorarized dealer), plus you won't have to worry about inheritenting somebody elses problem with used gear.

You are still young, so it is not like you have to get the biggest and baddest thing right now - that will come in time (for example, I am a pretty well established and successful senior software engineer now, so I can pretty much afford whatever I want at this point, except maybe the super maga-uber-bucks stuff, after all, I am hardly Bill Gates here, but I am also 40 years old, so it was not a position that I managed to achieve overnight).

But than again, I really love the sound of the Klipsch and I think it is probably one of the best deals going in the audio world - even with the brand-new stuff. You get way more bang for the buck with Klipsch than I've found with other brands - especially, as you've already found out, with Bose (love the "Bad Overall Sound Equipment" - that is a new on on me! I usually say "Buy Other Sound Equipment", or "Blecherous Offensive Sounds Emitted". Nothing like Better Hype Through Marketing". Ah yes, so much fun to bash on Bose. It does have its place in the world - just not in my place, although my parents do have one of those "Wave" radios and admittedly, the thing does sound good for what it does - but I like the sound of my Tivoli Audio radio much better, which I got in my office, though.

And yes, for your question if we will be around in a year or so? Well, I've been on here, in this forum, for 10 years now and I don't intent to go anywhere.

Good luck with your new gear and enjoy - lets us know what you think when you get it all hooked up and play that first tune on it! Even post some pics if you want to! [8][Y]

$40 Cornwalls I picked up at a garage sale[:o], consecutive serial numbers, they sound incredible!!! Be patient, treasures are out there. I check CL everyday for them. I check the pawn shops weekly. You have to stay on top of it though. Just one find and you will be hooked [8] Just this past week I found a full set of Quintet Surrounds (NIB) for $100 on CL. They were gone 30 minutes before my call... Welcome to your new hobby!

CORNWALL.jpg picture by mattao1970

Thanks for the advice skonopa, I was thinking the same thing about not wanting the biggest thing in sound, right now just looking for a decent sound system from my budget and a great jump from my B.O.S.E which I think the RF-10's should deliver that

$40 Cornwalls I picked up at a garage saleSurprise, consecutive serial numbers, they sound incredible!!! Be patient, treasures are out there. I check CL everyday for them. I check the pawn shops weekly. You have to stay on top of it though. Just one find and you will be hooked Music Just this past week I found a full set of Quintet Surrounds (NIB) for $100 on CL. They were gone 30 minutes before my call... Welcome to your new hobby!

CORNWALL.jpg picture by mattao1970

SWEET DEAL!!! I'm keeping my EYE out for a deal like this! [:P]

Nice find Matt!

Dennie