Anyone else fed up with the fragility of HDMI ports?

SuBXeRo

As the title says! I am fed up with it. MY story starts with my emotiva UMC-1. I had some pretty rigid hdmi cords, larger gauge strands and well, i ruined the tv out HDMI port on my UMC-1 because it kept getting crunched in my cabinet. Needless to say, it is my fault and i admit that. I did buy some 28ga vs the 22-24 gauge ones i had and they are much more pliable than its thicker counterparts but the damage is done. HDMI is a fantastic idea but the ports themselves are just so poorly designed and non-rugged. Granted, they should have to be but when you have connectors soclose together you are bound to have issues. I would love to see like screw pins like you find on DVI/VGA cords to hold the connector in place better that is if its to be hardconnected or have an HDMI extension wire off of the equipment thats hardwired to the inside so that there is moveability. Undoubtedly, you will be moving your equipment in and out because you are connecting other equipment to it and yeah.

I do make some sense right? Im not going crazy?