Changed from Heritage to Reference, need amp but which one

USNRET

I like Emo as well, But If I had to do it again I would get a XPA-5. It would be cheaper in the long run because you might want a pre-amp in the near future.

+1

I think the XPA-5 will give you more options down the road for not much more money. Also all the Emo amps are huge so unless you have a lot of shelf space having one amp instead of buying a 3 channel now and then getting a 2 channel later might crowd the set up.

There not only big but heavy and I would recommend going with XPA-3 and then going with two upa-1's its not as cost effective but mono blocks add a nice effect to the mix but thats just me .

lol! Thats exactly what I'd avoid in my case. My shelf space is tight so I went with a XPA-5 to have only one 70 lbs amp to find a home for instead of getting a 3 channel now and adding a 2 channel or two mono blocks! Two mono blocks would be three full sized 70 lbs amps (210 lbs!!) which is more than my setup could handle. It would look cool though, I'll give you that but really I think even the XPA-5 I have is over kill, more or less adding monoblocks to a Klipsch setup as efficient as they are! Just my opinion. I went with the XPA-5 just in case I went to a pre/pro down the road I'd have my rear channels covered and not have to worry about buying another amp later.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW You can turn all the blue lights off with the switch on the back,

I find I can turn off the three blue dots for the channel indicators but not the BIG blue power light.

The blue LED's on my QSC's were bothersome also. I took a black fine tip sharpie and lightly went over each one. It toned them down considerably.

LOL thats a great idea and if I didnt like the eye percing blue light i'd do the same ; ) For somereason blue lights dont bug me or arent distracting thank goodness because I have alot of blue lights going on but if they were red that would drive me nuts and I'd be one black sharpie coloring fool on a mission .

I like Emo as well, But If I had to do it again I would get a XPA-5. It would be cheaper in the long run because you might want a pre-amp in the near future.

+1

I think the XPA-5 will give you more options down the road for not much more money. Also all the Emo amps are huge so unless you have a lot of shelf space having one amp instead of buying a 3 channel now and then getting a 2 channel later might crowd the set up.

There not only big but heavy and I would recommend going with XPA-3 and then going with two upa-1's its not as cost effective but mono blocks add a nice effect to the mix but thats just me .

lol! Thats exactly what I'd avoid in my case. My shelf space is tight so I went with a XPA-5 to have only one 70 lbs amp to find a home for instead of getting a 3 channel now and adding a 2 channel or two mono blocks! Two mono blocks would be three full sized 70 lbs amps (210 lbs!!) which is more than my setup could handle. It would look cool though, I'll give you that but really I think even the XPA-5 I have is over kill, more or less adding monoblocks to a Klipsch setup as efficient as they are! Just my opinion. I went with the XPA-5 just in case I went to a pre/pro down the road I'd have my rear channels covered and not have to worry about buying another amp later.

I think the UPA-1's only weighs about 26 pounds each so really its not that much more weight but will take up more space even though there only just a little under 4'' high . But your wright it isnt the most economical way to go or space saving way either . But .... I like it lol and what I plan to do.

I love my LPA-1. Sonically a perfect match to the current UPA series (a good thing) and plenty of room for future expansion. I'm only using 4 of its 7 channels right now but its nice to know I won't have to add any additional amps in the future.

" I think the UPA-1's only weighs about 26 pounds each so really its not that much more weight but will take up more space even though there only just a little under 4'' high . But your wright it isnt the most economical way to go or space saving way either . But .... I like it lol and what I plan to do"

I guess I was in reference to the XPA-1 which is 75 lbs.

" I think the UPA-1's only weighs about 26 pounds each so really its not that much more weight but will take up more space even though there only just a little under 4'' high . But your wright it isnt the most economical way to go or space saving way either . But .... I like it lol and what I plan to do"

I guess I was in reference to the XPA-1 which is 75 lbs.

Yes those are beasts lol