Definitive technology super cube 1

elementfbl114

Hey,

Anyone have an opinion on the Definitive technology super cube 1? Would it go well with my rc-64 and rf-82s? On craigslist someone is selling it for 550 and was wondering if that is a good deal or not. The reviews look pretty good but I you guys haven't let me down. Any opinions or suggestions would be great! Thanks

Not too much output , all the super duper smallish subs suffer from BIG limitations unless you pay 3-8K and get something like a JL f212 then you have BIG prformance in a small package. I would rather get a ported eD it will cost you a bit more and vastly outperform these smallish cubes.

I do not care about the newbie rave reviews wtitten by "PRO" reviewers. These clowns will rave about the egg and the chicken if they get paid.

The Supercube using the 14" active and dual 14" PR's is fine. ALL TINY subs are lacking, BIG TIME.

Hey thanks for your reply! Any specific ED subs you recommend? I was looking at the A5 - 350 or the A7S - 450. Overall, what I want from my sub is one that will compliment movies extremely well. Any idea of the subs listed above would work great for that? and for movies do you recommend a ported or sealed? I currently have a 1900 cubic foot room... And one last question, any idea how 2 A5-350s sound compared to a single svs pb13-ultra? Because it would be a lot easier for me to buy onea5-350 this year and another next year instead of spending 1700 dollars all at once.

Sorry for all the questions but I heard you are a guru of subs [:D] so any ideas/help you can offer would greatly be appreciated!

Well I ended up getting the A5-350. It's on sale for 85 dollars cheaper and I read a lot abou the A7S-450 needs the eq.2 to really sound good (which costs another 100). The I got the A5-350 for 715 compared to 950 it would have cost for the A7s-450. Another big deciding factor was they were out of amps so it would take 30 plus days to get the amps plus build and so one. It would take up to 2 months to get the A7s-450 instead of 2 weeks or less for the a5-350...

• 2 weeks later...