la scala on castors

endover

I've recently acquired a couple of La Scala's that my wife won't let me use with my Chorus II's in my home theater area so my plan is to put castors on the bottom of them and be able to roll them out to my back porch for the pool/party area. That way, my wife will still love me and I can easily get them back inside after we're done for the day. That being said, I plan on making a couple of castor'd dollys and then sitting the La Scala's on the dollys (I don't want to drill directly into the speaker cabinets).

My question is since I will most likley never take them off the dollys, will it change the sound quality very much by having them a few inches off the ground and on a somewhat flexible dolly? From time to time, I may get away with setting them up in the home theater area and I don't want them sounding bad.

You may have a small difference in sound, (Perhaps a bit less bass). It may be like the differences experienced if you changed from one floor surface to another..... carpet or wood; tile; etc.

I doubt you will notice a serious difference. For the convenience, and the WAF; sounds like a good plan.

I would not reccomend drilling into the cabs; so sounds like you are on the right track!

Good Luck.