Did I get a good deal on this Klipsch setup?

mjgptdawg

Hey all,

Coming back to you in response to this system I bought back around a year ago. I have the entire setup still that I originally bought except for the original RS-3 II surrounds which I had to replace with a smaller Klipsch bookshelf set to please the wife for aesthetics.

Anyway, I still have the original old Yamaha receive that the seller threw in with these speakers. Needless to say, I am now ready for a new receiver, and wanted to get your guys thoughts on the best to power this system. I don't want to spend any more than $500 on it right now, but I think the newer receivers will make this system rock even more.

I have been looking at the RX-V867 or the newer RX-V671. Both can be had for around the same price now.

I was leaning toward the 671, but am open to any other ideas on any other receivers that you feel would be an even better bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to take a look at the NewEgg website, they've got most of their Onkyo receivers on sale and there are several fine receivers you can pick up for around $500, such as the TX-NR609 or the HT-RC370 (THX certified). The SR805 I purchased refurbished a few years ago (to replace a not bad Sony) was one of the best investments I ever made, really made my Fortes sing.

Of course, if you have the chance, go to an A/V store and listen to what you're thinking of buying first, in as close to your setup as possible... there's no substitute for your own ears.

Happy hunting!

That does look like a good used option.

I am not a huge audiophile, but I know I can make these speakers rock more, because with my current Yamaha receiver that is probably more than 6-7 years old, TV just sounds blah!

I can get the TX-NR609 on Craigslist for $325.

The problem I have is that I have this hooked up to a big open basement area, so the room is not enclosed. I seem to be leaning toward an Onkyo based on what you guys recommended, but am open to any other ideas/suggestions. I do like the one mentioned above though as well.