Does this model of klipsch exist?

SuBXeRo

Ok so i called a guy today on craigslist to see what model surrounds he had. He called me back and told me they were RS-C II, i havent heard of this model surround before. I can see the picture he has and they are either RS-3 II or and RS-7. I asked him to confirm what he had said and he again said RS-C II, wtf, should i bother to check it out you think?

this is the ad, notice the lighter color wood on the speaker as well, it was either painted or i dunno, the surrounds never came with that trim.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/1912594632.html

well, the guy didn't bite, for a pair of surrounds that are 7-10 years old, and he said he paid 175 for each speaker when he bought them which could be 7-10 years old and he used them as his left and right, i couldnt never justify spending more than 100 on them. I also looked up how much the isympohiny costs new, 200 bux, so i dunno how this guy is exactly depreciating his assets , but even at half costs, 275 is what itd be selling for. o well, i'll just wait for him to drop his price and confront him again.

I'm just guessing here but....

That "gold trim" that you see may actually be where the black laminate has receeded from the wood beneath it. In other words, it may not go all the way to the edge/corners. It just looks gold but it's really revealed wood. Again...I'm just guessing so you might want to follow up with the seller...

Sub,

Looking at your system, it appears (if these are RF-3's) they're a perfect match. FYI, there is a pair of brand new white ones on eBay right now with a starting price of $199. Did you look at them? If they look and sound good (very strange to use these as main speakers, but to each his own), then $175 isn't a bad price... take $150 cash with you and see what happens... money talks!

I have SS-3s which I believe are similar to this model you are looking at.

(I believe the predecessor as mine are from 1999; I believe).

I paid $120 on an Ebay BIN. I think they are great as rear surrounds.

To me; it looks like that stripe was painted on the ones you are considering.

Good Luck.