RF-5 Impedance & Phase Curves

StephenM

Good morning folks,

As the title suggests, I'm curious if anyone has impedance and phase curves for the RF-5s.

Reason I ask is that I get the distinct feeling that my (admittedly entry level) receiver simply isn't up to the task of driving them full range, and I wonder what it would take to get the job done well. Of course its more of an academic/for fun thing since 9 times out of 10 I'll utilize the sub.

StephenM,

I don't think you're being snubbed. I have not seen any such curves published.

Klipsch has not, to my knowledge. Sometimes Stereophile will include such measurements in their reviews but I haven't seen a review of any of the RF series. Naturally I stand to be corrected.

Wm McD

I wasn't accusing anyone of snubbing me. I know it's a question that requires fairly in depth knowledge. I was hoping one of the Klipsch employees that surfs the forums might have a little more insight, but I'll survive if not. Like I said in my original post, it's more of an academic/for fun thing than an "I can't live without this info" type of deal.

FWIW, other mags outside of Stereophile do include those measurements, ie Sound and Vision which reviewed the RF-83 system.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/tests-reviews/speakers/2006/11/test-bench-klipsch-rf-83-home-theater-speaker-system

While it isn't a curve, it is useful to know that the RF-83s do dip as low as 2.8 ohms and if the same can be said for the RF-5s, it might not be a bad idea for me to look into a more robust receiver. Of course, realistically I'm more inclined to get a new receiver for things like HDMI, but eeking a little better performance from the speakers would be some nice gravy on top too.

• 4 weeks later...