New Tube Amps W/Pics

kevinmi

I recently built 2 tube amps from kits. These are the Decware SE84 single end kits putting out 2 watts in stereo and 5-6 watts bridged in mono. I didn't take pics of the build since they are the same as the ones that Gothover built a couple years ago, and his builds are much nicer than mine! The only difference is the new pc boards have the Hazen mod built in to the board. I'm using Russian 6N15P output tubes and JAN 6922 driver tube at the present time. Volume control is the Alps Blue Velvet. I am bi-amping the KevHorns using my ST120 for the bass bins (60W/channel) and the SE84's bridged to run the mids/highs. Crosover point is 400hz on the bass bins. Next step will be to build another SE84 amp for the tweeters and go active!

post-28686-1381961631704_thumb.jpg

post-28686-13819620432862_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Kevin, the amps look great, and they have more than enough power in stereo to drive your midrange and tweeters, you really don't need a third to go active.

For active xo, I like the DCX2496 because you can time align and eq, but also love the simplicity of the Ashley 3way xo.

Dave Harris

Kevin, the amps look great, and they have more than enough power in stereo to drive your midrange and tweeters, you really don't need a third to go active

Dave, you are correct about the power. I ran one in stereo bi-amping the mids/highs for a month or so, and it was plenty loud enough. I just bought some Selenium 220TI tweeters to try out, and with their higher SPL than the Crites tweets, I should achieve greater volume still! I'll be buggin' you next about the tube output on the Behringer unit! -Kevin