What is the lowest price I could get a Denon AVR-5803 for?

Kain

Well? What do you think? Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: DWIN TransVision2 DLP Projector

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Hope you have better luck with the 5803 than I had with the 3802. Lot's of e-tailers had really excellent prices (MSRP-$400) but I had a tough time finding anyone with one in stock. I spent over a month waiting for nothing on backorder with 3 different e-tailers. Finally went with good-guys, one of the few authorized denon e-tailers, and they had it in stock at a higher price, but still less than MSRP. Some of the customer service reps indicated that denon is not currently meeting the demand for many of their products, but I wonder if they just aren't supplying the "deep discounters" i.e. unauthorized dealers.

Looks like if you search yahoo shopping you'll find the model for $2999.99 and up. But make sure you TALK to customer service and make sure they really have the product. Also, Denon does not honor the warranty if you buy from an unauthorized dealer, so make sure whoever you buy from has some warranty.

Good Luck and I think i've had far too much coffee, as i'm babbling.

cwm44.gif

Buy a 5800 (should be cheap now they are discontinued, good luck finding one though) and then buy the Upgrade Kit from Denon. The upgrade consists of a new digital board and processor along with a new faceplate which includes the new logos (THX Ultra 2, DD-EX, DPL2, etc.) and the new model no. AVR-5803.

I spoke to my Denon dealer about this. He told me about a guy who took this path. He paid a total of about $4800 CDN, which is an awesome deal considering the 4802 costs $4200 and the 5803 is estimated at $6800.

oogs, that's interesting that they include a 5803 face-plate w/ the upgrade. last i read the 5803 was supposed to offer things the upgraded 5800 did not have

(though i don't remember what they were & doubt they'd be worth the extra dough). cwm5.gif

good idea!

looks like that'd be the thing to do w/ the acurus act-3 abm too as they are up new again on ubid & acurus/mondial is going to do an upgrade for those for about $900 in the next few months. cwm40.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Well, in some parts of the world, if you knew where one was, and hard the "right" contacts, maybe $50. Of course, in some parts of the world, that could wind up costing you a hand or worse.

Considering how new the 5803 is, supply and demand, I think you will pay close to list price to an authorized dealer to actually get one in the near future. If you can wait, of course, the price will come down.