Academy vs Klf C-7

johnhart

Hello,

I am looking to match one of these centers with a pair of klipschorns. Someone suggested the Klf C-7 as the better match.Can somebody with experience on both centers advise me on which one is the better match for my klipschorns? Also would you pick the same center if you were to match it with cornwalls?

Thank you,

John.

Hi John,

I have owned both KLF-C7 and Academy and spent time comparing the two. My preference is the KLF-C7. The KLF has a more "open" sounding mid and high end. The bass is similar. Between the two, I would choose the KLF for center between K's or Corns.

Another option might be a Heresy,if space is available. The Heresy would be my choice over either the KLF or the Academy.

Do it right or not at all!

A La Scala or Belle is the correct way to do it, if not a Cornwall or Heresy will suffice.

The KLF-C7 is voiced to the KLF (Legend Series) line it will sound good but's it not a match and will be noticeable. The Academy is voiced towards the extended Heritage line Forte II, Chorus II and should technically be a better match. Neither will keep up with the Klipschorn's at moderate or high level listening. Low level listening should be fine.