integrateds vs tube sound

quadklipsh

here you go brother ....!!!!!!

THE marantz 2230 was my very beloved amp that blew off my previous amps easily , but still isnt in the same league as a lot of other pre power separates out there...like the diatone da A7 , quad 303 , 33 etc etc ..

this marantz has a soft musical sound . a very good hi frequency . i mean the highs donot sound as harsh but it has that velvety engaging sound that makes music all the more beautiful.

i give this marantz a 7.2 / 10 .

my best experience being ART AUDIO maestro (100 watts /ch,monoblocks ) and JBL XPL 200 .scoring 9/10...

just my experience ....

wud love to hear from others toooo.

this marantz has a soft musical sound . a very good hi frequency . i mean the highs donot sound as harsh but it has that velvety engaging sound that makes music all the more beautiful.

Perfect way to describe the vintage Marantz/Klipsch sound. As mentioned before, if you want your 2230 to have a little more headroom, find an equally velvety sounding amp to give it a boost.

Bill

Separating the common ground in headphones is a great thing. If you are very fortunate, the joining of the two grounds occurs at the plug end of the cord (my 35 year old Sennheiser HD424 for example). By changing the phones to independent stereo, some of the noise that would appear in both channels is reduced. If you have separate amps for your chennels (I have a pair of mono blocks), the advantage is maximized.

My Sennheisers have an impedence of 2000 ohms, so they may be connected directly to the speaker outputs of the amps, and they sound best this way because my amps are 2A3 and the power being transferred is microscopic.

In my case, I just cut the cord and identified the wire pair for each channel, tested polarity, and hooked them directly to the amps...

I'm forgetting the details of why, but the geometric aural image space with true independent headphone channels is a listening delight, a more "out there around me" kind of sound.

For those that do a lot of headphone listening, I recommend trying it; especially if you have a pair of little amps (like the TriPath or Trends).