Amp racks, footers, etc

USNRET

I am not sure where to post this but....I want/need to make a move on my rack situation. I have a pair of mono blocks coming Monday and they will not fit in with what I have. After looking at page after page of extremely expensive stuff I need to find a source of cones, footers or whatever they are called.

I need a pair of amp stands that will hold 17" wide by 19.5" deep, 85 lb. amp each. After looking for stuff that I can afford "GASP", I am thinking that for now that if I can find a source for reasonably priced (cheap) screw in footers that I can make or have made a pair of stands. Eventually I would like to have the amp stands about 4" off the floor and match up with a center rack that will hold the Peach, CD player, Tercel and have a TT platform on top.

Anyone know of a place to get economy footers/cones that will work on tile?

While I am begging, any machinist out there to turn and thread some metal that can be powder coated black and used to put together some shelves?

This is not always an easy task.

I need to expand my set up in the HT area and I will probably go to Mapleshade for help (despite the expense).

On the other hand, I have some very expensive equipment sitting on a great stand that I got at Costco. Go figure.

Good luck with your project.

or granite...probably plenty of local granite/slate/etc cutters in your area.

I am with you on the granite. Once cut, polished, routed and drilled I am racking (no pun intended) my brain on an economical source of footers for the bottom and 'legs' to separate the shelves. My preference is black all the way or possibly black with gold or brass footers and trim (connectors, washers, etc).

Mapleshade, while very nice, will have to wait for a minute; new amps for the 2 channel and new pre/pro & amps for the HT has hit me hard. We're talking domestic beer budget here.

I am also looking for a rack. After visiting JC's I am sold on these.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accsrack&1290354742&/Vti--audio-stands-BL-503

EXCELLENT! Measuring and ordering some VTi right know. Thanks, seti

For the price they can't be beat. I was struggling to find a rack at a good price. When I was at JC's I commented how nice the rack was and he said it was a great deal. He was right. I'm trying to decide which one to go with.

The forum won't let me post pics for whatever reason but check this out. 3rd post http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/139542.aspx

VTI rack arrived and mock up started now I have to go out of town in the morning. get to set up later. The master plan is to span over the Emos with shelves for a pair of VRD monos to bi-amp. They were out of the other two shelves I needed so I'm playing with this. Of course the wife is not impressed, she likes the rack in the background but alas, no room.

VTI rack arrived and mock up started now I have to go out of town in the morning. get to set up later. The master plan is to span over the Emos with shelves for a pair of VRD monos to bi-amp. They were out of the other two shelves I needed so I'm playing with this. Of course the wife is not impressed, she likes the rack in the background but alas, no room.

Excellent setup... Rack has a very nice appearance..

that's a lot of money for sawdust, I'm not buying any more furniture that is made of MDF

those all-thread and granite jobbies some of you guys are cobbling together look awesome

me, I've got a nice BellO that I bought from a Forum member years ago, holds everything in the main room.

ANVIL, now there's a rack!

Wow! That looks great. I don't think these can be beat for the money. I really like the configuration you put together. I may have to do the same.

Nice USNRET, those look just like the old Lovan racks from the mid 90's. For what little material is used they are solid as a rock once you put some weight down on them. I think you made a great choice and your gear looks killer on themBig Smile

Thanks, I am looking for granite/marble tops but the cost of polishing and routing the edges and corners is prohibitive. Here's a shot set up this morning.

Nice USNRET, those look just like the old Lovan racks from the mid 90's. For what little material is used they are solid as a rock once you put some weight down on them. I think you made a great choice and your gear looks killer on themBig Smile

Thanks, I am looking for granite/marble tops but the cost of polishing and routing the edges and corners is prohibitive. Here's a shot set up this morning.

Oh I do miss my Belles. Have you tried toeing those babies in a little. My soundstage improved when I did that with mine. They look to have been about the same distance apart as well.

That looks really cool. I've looked at building my own rack as well and once you price real wood or granite prepare to grab your wallet. After seeing JC's in person I was impressed.