Chorus OO quetions

Crowther86

Hey everyone, I'm new here to the forum but have owned the speakers since 1989. I didn't know there was such a great following for great speakers! My question is, what is the difference between the Forté the Forté ii and the Chorus? I have two of the chorus's and want two more. The sound is incredible, and I can't imagine having 4 of them! There are two chorus's on eBay right now and they are priced twice as much as the Forté's that I have seen on there. Why? Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Welcome to the Forum!!

The biggest difference between the Chorus-I's and the Chorus-II's was the addition of the rear passive woofer and the elimination of the ports, making it a sealed enclosure.

Take a look at the Klipsch specs, etc. at the following links.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/chorus-overview/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/forte-overview/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/chorus-ii-overview/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/forte-ii-overview/

[H]

Chorus I - front ported - 15" woofer - exponential midrange.

Chorus II - 15" front and 15" rear passive woofer - tractrix midrange.

Forte I - 12" front and 12" rear passive woofer - exponential midrange.

Forte II - 12" front and 15" rear passive woofer - tractrix midrange.

Chorus I and especially II seem to come up for sale more rarely than the Forte, that's probably you usually see them sell for more. If you're looking to add another pair of speakers to what you already have I'd suggest this order to consider:

1) Chorus II (used as mains, moving your Chorus Is to surrounds)

2) Chorus I

3) Forte I

4) Forte II

Only reason I'd recommend the Forte I over the Forte II in your situation is the Forte I has an exponential horn like your Chorus Is do.

I used quite a few different pairs of Klipsch speakers as surrounds until I finally attained my Forte Is. It was worth the wait - the sound is incredible and is a near seamless transition as sound effects move around the room.

I definitly appreciate all the help! Now I'm wondering if my 100x4 Nakamichi amp is going to blow up if I run these! We used to run these chorus 1's of mine and a couple of Scott speakers that had a high, mid, and 12" sub.... Ran them great and never got overheated. But the Chorus 2's have 1000 watt max. 100 rms. So????

If you ran an honest 400 watts into 2 pairs of Chorus it would be like having front row seats at the loudest rock concert you've ever attended. They may have a 1000 watt maximum input rating but with 1 watt they are already putting out 101 decibels of sound.

In other words, you'll be more than fine!

I definitly appreciate all the help! Now I'm wondering if my 100x4 Nakamichi amp is going to blow up if I run these! We used to run these chorus 1's of mine and a couple of Scott speakers that had a high, mid, and 12" sub.... Ran them great and never got overheated. But the Chorus 2's have 1000 watt max. 100 rms. So????

The TA-4A is a beutiful, compact receiver. I bought mine brand new with a pair of brand new Oiled Oak Quartets. The TA-4A is 100 watts per channel stereo = 2 channel. It has A/B speaker select, but it will not put out 100 watts per channel into 4 channels. The beauty of the TA-4A is that it has a 2-channel stereo pre out RCAs, so you can buy a Nakamichi PA-5, PA-5II, PA-7, or PA-7II to run more speakers with additional wattage. I sold my TA-4A and Quartets to my sister who still owns them and they keep her husbands TA-2A good company. I now run four Nakamichi PA-7s for 200 watts per channel of pure Nak surround sound. You will be hard pressed to find a better sounding solid state amplifier than the Nakamichi with your Klipsch speakers, I never did.

The TA-4A uses a Stasis circuit coppied from a Nelson Pass of Threshold at the time with a written agreement to use the circuit. The beauty of the Stasis amplifier is that unlike conventional amp that try to double the wattage output as the impedance or resistance of the speaker halves such as paralel wiring a second set of speakers, the Stasis design maintains the same output, so the Stasis amplifier that puts out 100 watts at 8 Ohms, continues to put out 100 wats at 4 Ohms, 2 Ohms and is stable to 1 Ohm. This is especialy helpful with problematic impedance load speakers such as the Klipsch RF-7, and is the reason why you will still only put out 100 watts per channel times 2 channels even with the second set of speakers, further still, your TA-4A will put out an actual 100 watts per channel RMS and the 1000 watts you speak of is a peak wattage rating, not RMS.

Roger