OT (But audio-related): No love from ebayers...

chuckears

I have lately experienced a dearth of reciprocal feedback from eBay transactions for which I have provided positive feedback; the last three (two purchases and one sale - components for speakers/crossovers and a DVD box set) have met with complete silence from the other party.

I think the honeymoon is over...

I have lately experienced a dearth of reciprocal feedback from eBay transactions for which I have provided positive feedback; the last three (two purchases and one sale - components for speakers/crossovers and a DVD box set) have met with complete silence from the other party.

I think the honeymoon is over...

That is because now feedback for a buyer means nothing. By Ebay rules, a seller can only leave a postiive feedback for a buyer, so why bother?

BEC's right; the only way to get a "glimpse" of possible problems is to actually "read between the lines" the so-called positive feedback comments and also to compare the number of transactions with the number of feedbacks. Someone who sells or buys 100 items and only has 25 feedbacks can sometimes point to a problem. The pendulum swung back to protect the sellers after about 2 years ago. Before that it was a buyer's game and the buyer could "hold hostage" the seller, and sometimes did so. I've often wondered why eBay did not go to a system like Audiogon which appears to work much better. Then again, the average audiogon participant is probably way above the average eBay lurker....

Edit: I'd say the Good thing is that you received your merchandise or sold safely........................

Makes me Mad also - had this happen to me, in addition the Big Ebay sellers are not responding -if there is an Issue with the Purchase...................

So the Transaction was OK, but the feedback was lousy ? Sticks and stones...............

No, there was no feedback at all; 46 out of my first 47 transactions were reciprocal feedback (only one never bothered), but my last four transactions have seen me leaving positive feedback, with silence from the other party.

I just don't find it equitable for the big sellers to rack up hundreds and thousands of feedback comments, while the little guys like myself aren't being shown the love... it's like eating at a good restaurant, leaving a good tip, only to have the host/hostess ignore you when you walk out the door. The silent "screw you, we didn't need your patronage".