Need advice

dbImage

Hey guys,

Have the whole rf3 collection.I'm driving all channels with a Yamaha rxv1000. Question 1 : Thinking about buy a Marantz mm9000 150x5 amp. Would I notice the difference in sound vs. my plain ol' Yamaha? Is it worth the money, is it a good amp?

Question 2) rc-3 placement. Made a custom stand for my tv and now the rc-3 and the rf-3 horns are almost at the same hieght.I've been told that you want the horns ( or tweeters ) to line up and be about at the same hieght as your ear at the listening position.Done.

Problem is I cant get a realistic pan from left to right. Left turns on then center then right , unpleasant to hear. There is no smooth pan , I hear each speaker turn on . The distance the speakers are apart and the listening spot are the same as suggested. From the back of the room( 25 'away) the system sounds fantastic but from 14' not so. 25' is waaaay to far for my 32" TV.

Thanks guys,

DbImage

System: rf-3 rc-3 rs-3 ksw12 ( SVS pci 20-39 is on order , waiting for delivery with the patients of an 8 year old)

db, don't know the power of your yammy, but that marantz is a pretty good amp. may smooth out the sound & give you better, tighter bass, but only way to really find out is to demo it there.

on your yammy, have you tried tweaking the speaker distances? on mine i put the fronts at 12 ft. & center

at 10 ft. although the center is actually higher & farther away from my ears than the mains. this gets the center sound to fall into the picture somewhat, which I like. anyway try tweaking some of those settings to see if u can get a better result for you.

should be a lot of flexibility there as well as w/ other settings.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

On the rxv1000 it claims to have 100w per channel but when I called Klipsch for a different reason the tech told me it actually had about 30w per channel actual head room.What does that mean, got me.Anyway , thanks for the tip boa12.

About the yammy "on your yammy, have you tried tweaking the speaker distances? " I do have a control for the center speaker 0 to 5 . Each increase simulates moving the center back 1 foot. Havent really messed with it but will . As far as the "mains" go, dont think I have an adjustment but will look. On the yammy there are so many things to adjust and honestly there are few adjustments that seem to make a differene. Most of the adjustments ( which there are many ) turn out to be techy-gobldiegook. I mess with "room size 1 - 2 " dont notice a difference, then "dobly livliness" dont notice a difference , "room livliness" , no differnce....Well I guess I'm still learning .

Thanks agian,

DbImage

aab3rd-nice amp!i used one of these beasts w/a marantz pre-pro,two ksw-15's,klf-30 l,r;c-7,and ksps-6 surrounds at a big boys toy show at the mississippi coast coliseum. WOW!! they came over about a half-dozen times to tell me to turn it down.the yammy is nice,the marantz amp will rock th'house.try placing your speakers as far apart from each other as you sit from them,and experiment w/toe-in. made a big difference,especially the toe-in/out.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Thanks again for all the info everybody ...One last Question..Surrounds- I have the rs-3s approx. 2' above and 2'behind the listening position on the right and left .They are about 8" from the ceiling . Is this right?

Ps..can't believe how many words I missssspelled earlier.